In this episode, Tony and I talk about how to take care of your teeth and how your teeth and oral health have a really big impact on your overall beauty, health and energy. We break down oral care beyond “just” the cosmetics and how it truly has a deeper impact on your life. You may not sit and think about your teeth being a vital part of your entire bodily circuit, but they are! If you’re interested in how to improve your oral care regimen, today’s podcast is just perfect you you. Tune in for some tips now!
Next, I have a very special guest that I’m so thrilled to share with you: Keegan Kuhn, the co-producer and co-director of Cowspiracy, who worked with Kip Anderson, a guest we have had previously on our podcast (Ep.5). Keegan and Kip are working on an amazing new documentary called What the Health!. I feel SO passionate about the work Keegan and Kip are doing, and I truly think these guys are nothing short of heroes for bringing a lot to the conversation.
Keegan and I have a fun and informative exchange about what their new documentary is going to reveal. While Cowspiracy focused on the environmental impact of animal agriculture (of all industries out there it has THE most detrimental impact on the environment), while What the Health! will focus on something very dear and close to the Beauty Detox community…the detrimental health impact of eating a meat-heavy diet, and why a plant-based diet is so beneficial from a health standpoint for you and your loved ones! I think you will really love this interview.
- How your oral health has a measurable impact on your cardiovascular health…
- Ayurvedic principles for taking care of your teeth…
- How long you really need to practice oil-pulling…
- Should we put fluoride in our toothpaste or not?…
- Trips to the dentist and fear triggers…
- The sugar cavity connection…
- Animal agriculture could be responsible for up to 51% of all human-caused climate change…
- Why Keegan feels we need this information before we can make informed decisions…
- How Kip and Keegan realized there was a whole other element to not eating animals, which is the benefits to our health…
- The toxicity you may be eating if you’re eating animal products…(hint: 90% of dioxin exposure, an environmental pollutant, comes from ingesting meat and dairy!)
- How could these high-protein diets be so popular when we have all the science that are saying that they’re terrible?…
- This common food that should be labeled as a hardcore drug…
About Keegan Kuhn
Keegan Kuhn is a videographer, award-winning documentary filmmaker (Cowspiracy), and professional musician living in the east bay of San Francisco. He has worked with nonprofit organizations and been involved in social justice movements for virtually his entire life. As a filmmaker, he helps organizations reach an ever-greater community of supporters with the highest possible quality films and videos.
His film career has taken him as far as the remote interior of Alaska to document modern homesteaders, to the high deserts of the American west filming the nation’s remaining wild horses, to rural agricultural communities and dirty urban streets. He is motivated by a deep desire to shed light on untold stories of the most downtrodden in our society, and to raise to awareness through greater visibility of social justice issues.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Oral Care 101 Segment:
- Scientific Overview of Ayruvedic Tooth Care
- Remineralizing Teeth
- Counterarguments to Flouride
- My Ayurvedic Oral Care Routine
Keegan Kuhn Interview:
Donate to the cause! Tune in to hear about their fund raiser they go doing on Indiegogo to fund the completion of “What The Health”. No donation is too small and they have wonderful gifts that go along with different donation levels!
- More on What The Health
- What The Health Preview
- Livestock a major threat to environment
- Rearing cattle produces more greenhouse gases than driving cars, UN report warns (Report Mentioned at start of podcast)
In love and health,