Did you know that visualization can produce the same mental effect as actions? It’s one of the key performance tools of Olympians, executives and peak performers in all walks of life. In this episode, Tony and I review the surprising research around visualization and how to best use it to transform your health, beauty and life.
Next, we have my very special guest Dr. Jay, who is my personal Ayurvedic teacher and is one of the foremost Ayurvedic practitioners in the United States. He is very passionate about spreading Ayurveda to the West in hopes of assisting others elevate their health and vibrancy. Listen in as we share some suggestions on how you can incorporate Ayurvedic spring practices into your daily lives.
- Tony shares how writing is a profound way to open up and transition through different shifts in our lives…
- We discuss the topic of visualization, and how it has the power to help you be successful…
- How the mind can’t distinguish between whether or not you actually performed an action or just visualized it, and how we can benefit…
- Ways to support and set tracks in your brain and mind to make actions easier…
- When to implement visualization into our busy schedules to set yourself up for success…
- Dr. Jay shares the general perspective of spring and what happens to our bodies after winter…
- How to support detoxification with herbs and spices…
- Why freshly ground pepper is so important verses powdered black pepper…
- Dr. Jay shares some thoughts on fresh turmeric versus powdered turmeric…
- What other seeds or foods we should incorporate into our diets during the spring season…
- We share Dr. Jay’s Ayurvedic herbal formulas and which one should be used during this cleansing period…
About Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C)—or Doctor Jay as we affectionately call him—received his Bachelor’s degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive his Master’s degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
In addition to his twelve years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently he is teaching as chair and associate Prof. dept. of Ayurveda at American University of Complementary Medicine, which offers Clinical Doctorate in Ayurveda (AyD)/PhD programs.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Study on visualization
- More research
- Favorite visualization book
- How to Make Positive Thinking Even More Powerful!
- Basic Tools And Techniques To Start A Meditation Practice (Video)
- Start Meditating With These Easy Tips
- The Absolute Beginner’s Guide To Meditation (Video)
- 6 Common Spices That Make You More Beautiful
- The Mighty Cinnamon Tree and All Its Benefits (Video)
- The Beauty of Turmeric and Nutmeric
- Orange Turmeric Smoothie
- Glow Bio Cleanses
- New Recipe: Sunchoke and Beet Kitcheree
- Warming New Recipe: Sri Lankan Dahl
- Immunity Tea with Cayenne Pepper: Step by Step Instructions
- 6 Drinks to Make You Look and Feel Your Best
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.’s Interview
- Parla’s Website
- Parla’s Herbs & Spices
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- Adventures in Sri Lanka & More on Ayurveda with the Amazing Dr. Jay! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 3]
- Ayurvedic Practices to Help You Feel Your Best with Dr. Jay & Tips to Improve Hair Health! [BIO Podcast: Ep 129]
With love and gratitude,