Does fat make you fat? Or does eating too many carbohydrates? What if the answer is BOTH, but only when you do them at the same time!? In this eye-opening segment, Tony and I break down the science for why combining high levels of fat AND carbs at the same time in any diet creates weight gain, and how to understand the right range for your body so you stay healthy and fit.
In the second segment, I interview Andy Molinsky, who is a Professor of organizational behavior and psychology, and an author. Andy helps people develop the insights and courage necessary to act outside their personal and cultural comfort zones when doing important, but challenging, tasks in work and life. Listen in as he shares challenges that affect our behavior and how to identify and close the gap between work and life.
- Tony and I discuss the popular topic of whether “fat makes you fat”…
- Why people need a certainamount of carbohydrates for optimal brain functioning…
- What happens when you combine fat with protein and how that affects your health…
- How food combining principles can help in gaining optimal health…
- Whether sugar and refined carbs have an effect on insulin levels…
- Andy explains why it so easy to get stuck in our comfort zones and why are so many people afraid of change…
- We cover the three C’s: (Clarity, Conviction, and Customization), and how they can help identify and close the “gap” in our behavioral style in work and life…
- Why is it so important to develop your own unique sense of purpose…
- We talk about Global Dexterity, what is that and why is it becoming more important in today’s society…
About Andy Molinsky
Andy is a professor of organizational behavior and psychology at Brandeis University’s International Business School, and an expert on a number of topics, including organizational behavior, cross-cultural interaction in business settings, and self-help and improvement.
Andy regularly writes for the Harvard Business Review and Inc, and his work has been featured in The Economist, Fast Company, Fortune, Financial Times, The Boston Globe, The New York Times, and NPR.
His first book, Global Dexterity has been used widely in organizations around the world including Boeing, AIG, the U.S. Air Force Academy and the Clinton Foundation, among others.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Science of carbs and fat together
- Food separation
- Simplified science
- Beauty Detox Take On ‘What The Health’!
- Diet Myths They Don’t Want You To Know: Part 1.
- Is High Fat, High Protein the Best Way to Lose Weight?
- 5 Sneaky Diet Myths to Watch Out for in 2015!
- The Beauty Food Pairing Cheat Sheet! (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Questions and Answers About Beauty Food Pairing!
- Embracing Change and Finding the Sunrise at the End of it
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Andy Molinsky Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- ‘What the Health’ Uncovers The Truth With Kip Andersen & Secret Techniques for Mastering Meditation [BIO Podcast: Ep 155]
- Should We Eat High-Carb, Low-Fat Vegan Diets? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 34]
- Ayurvedic Remedies for PMS & Both Sides Of Intermittent Fasting [BIO Podcast: Ep 89]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
With love and gratitude,