I’ll admit it upfront- spirulina powder may be an acquired taste for some. Some like it right off the bat, but some have to try it out for a while before they get to really love it. Remember that over our taste buds may change! It is certainly worth trying, for the fantastic benefits of ingesting chlorophyll-rich spirulina. Spirulina is about 60% protein by weight, and is rich in B vitamins, omega fatty acids, and enzymes.
You never know- you might fall in love at first bite!
Spirulina Spinach Salad
- – 2 large bowls of baby spinach leaves
- – 1 large tomato, diced
- – 1-2 ripe avocados
- – 2 handfuls of sunflower or clover sprouts
- – ½ tsp. of spirulina powder, to start
- – Splash of olive oil
- – High quality sea salt, to taste
- Be sure to wash and dry the spinach very thoroughly. We do not want any soggy spinach for this salad! Add to a bowl and toss in the tomato, avocado and sprouts.
- Start with ½ tsp. of spirulina powder, a splash of olive oil, and a bit of salt. If you like what you taste and want to go a bit further, feel free to add more spirulina!