It’s coming into the windy, cold time of the year, and it’s nice to have some treats in your arsenal that are as nourishing as they feel comforting. That’s why you will love this easy pudding, specially suited for your body this fall!Spices like cardamom and cinnamon can help support digestive movement, and are believed in Ayurveda to be supportive of lymph (or rasa, which is believed to be very important for women’s health), and help your body absorb nutrients more efficiently.
Sweet potatoes are full of beta carotene, which converts to the beautifying, anti-aging vitamin A in your body, and also contains vitamin B6 and minerals such as potassium. The easily digested beauty fat in the almond or coconut milk can help nourish your skin from the inside out, which is really important this time of year.
This really easy pudding can be made in advance and stored, or you can try multiplying out the recipe for larger batches for your whole family!
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- Water, for cooking
- ½ - ¾ cup raw sprouted almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 6 cardamom pods, split open with the seeds taken out (or ½ tsp. of cardamom powder)
- ¼ cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup raw honey or xylitol or stevia, to taste
- Cook the sweet potato in a pot of water for about 25-30 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour cold water over the cooked sweet potato, and then peel the skin off easily by hand.
- Blend the sweet potato with the almond or coconut milk.
- Pound the cardamom seeds, scrape out the seeds and add them in, along with the cinnamon and honey or other sweetener, and blend again until smooth.
Have a great day, and see you back here soon for more yummy recipes and fun.