In this episode, I talk about How to Survive the Holiday Season while looking and feeling your best. Tony and I share some tips on how to beat stress, stay present and make sure digestion is as efficient as possible. Many of you have written in about worries of holiday weight gain and how to beat stress. We give some pro tips on how to make the holidays as smooth as possible, one of them being keeping some parts of your daily routine intact (especially in the mornings). Pick your battles, have fun and enjoy all the little moments during the holidays.
Next, I interview Matt Frazier, founder of No Meat Athlete. I pick Matt’s brain about getting into a plant-based lifestyle, nutrition for athletes, dealing with judgments when raising a family and fueling yourself on a plant-based diet as well as how meditation and mindfulness play a role in happy and healthy living. We hit on the larger topics of fueling your workouts, the fear of not getting enough protein and how increasing the amount of whole based foods in your diet can not only improve performance, but boost your overall mood and happiness!
[What’s Covered on Today’s Podcast]
- How to deal with holiday stress whether you’re traveling or not…
- Advice on holiday eating and healthy holiday options…
- I cover some really solid tips and tools that will help you to navigate the holiday season better while not feeling bloated or weighed down…
- Really simple tips that you can do to improve your body’s insulin response prior to a higher-carb, higher-fat type of meal like you would have at Thanksgiving…
- A special Ayurvedic after-meal tip that will improve your digestion…
- Another tip: How hot ginger tea can improve your digestion…
- The benefit of taking digestive enzymes and probiotics during off-plan eating…
- Progress Not Perfection…Pick and choose. Pick your battles…
- How to ease into a plant-based diet as an athlete…
- How to feel more energized than ever if you are an athlete on a plant-based eating plan…
- Making smart, conscious choices and not giving into the all or nothing mentality…
- How to be more mindful and present as an athlete…
About Matt Frazier, No Meat Athlete
No Meat Athlete was founded in 2009 by Matt Frazier, at about the same time he went vegetarian. Six months later, Matt qualified for the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:09:59 at the Wineglass Marathon, over 100 minutes faster than his first marathon time seven years prior.
In June 2010, Matt ran his first 50-mile ultramarathon, and has run several more ultras and marathons each year since. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina with his wife, son and two rescued dogs, and is the author of the upcoming book, No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest, Self.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Holiday Survival Segment:
- Thanksgiving Meal Planning: Beauty Detox Recipes Everyone Will Love!
- My Top Recipe Picks! A Complete Beauty Detox Thanksgiving Menu
- How to Enjoy a Thanksgiving Dinner without Gaining Weight
- 6 Ways to Enjoy Your Thanksgiving and Still Feel Amazing!
- 10 Tricks to Help Quell Cravings
- How To Curb Your Cravings: Kimberly Snyder
Matt Frazier Interview:
- No Meat Athlete General Information
- No Meat Athlete Radio Show
- No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self
- Power Protein Smoothie
- Chia Seed Delight Recipe
- How to Get Lean and Muscular on a Beauty Detox Diet!
- 10 Foods You Should Eat for Pre and Post Workout
See you on the podcast!
Sending you love,