In this episode, Tony and I talk about the fact that many Beauty trends start in Korea and the inspiration that comes from my journeys — particularly by the infrared sauna! We talk about how using the sauna regularly helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite. In Korea, for instance, there were gyms that would have up to twelve of them lined up for the members to use. It’s great to hear how beauty is practiced worldwide, and some of Korea’s practices are part of what I cover today with Tony.
Next, my very special and beautiful guest, Dr. Laura Berman. She is the world-renown sex and relationship educator and therapist who has a popular TV and radio show. She’s a New York Times bestselling author, and she has a new book coming out in February called Quantum Love. Dr. Laura and I dive into all the elements that tie a healthy sexual relationship together, and discuss topics ranging from body image to relationship issues to why women struggle with orgasms! This episode is certainly not to be missed!
- Why an infrared sauna targets heavy metals in your system…
- The different contaminates in the food supply that can actually get stuck in your body…
- Do you have to sweat a lot in an infrared sauna to get the benefits or is it just the light heating your skin doing the benefits?
- Tony and I talk about how using the infrared sauna can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite…
- Dr. Laura answers…Does body image, self-image and self love play in big part in how good your sex life is?
- Dr. Laura and I discuss how talking about sex can feel taboo and ways to openly communicate with your partner…
- The concept of emotional connection and how that plays a role in the satisfaction of both parties…
- Dr. Laura talks in detail about the liberation of women when it comes to sexuality and the positive and negative effects that has on the psyche…
- How important the acknowledgement of the energetic side of us is, and how powerful that really can be with regards to our relationships, our sex, our body image and what we can accomplish…
- Dr Laura explains why less than 30% of women orgasm during sex…
Laura Berman, PhD, is a world renowned sex and relationship educator and therapist; popular TV, radio and Internet host; New York Times best-selling author; and assistant clinical professor of ob-gyn and psychiatry at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago. Considered a thought leader in her field, Dr. Berman has helped countless couples build stronger relationships, improve their sex lives, and achieve a heightened level of intimacy through her TV and radio shows, books, columns and website, along with her private practice based in Chicago. Dr. Berman is a New York Times best-selling author of many books on sexual health and pleasure, a weekly columnist for the Chicago Sun Times, and host of the radio program “Uncovered with Dr. Laura Berman.” She has appeared on Fox News, CNN and the TODAY Show, as well as in The New York Times, USA Today, and every major woman’s magazine. Dr. Berman serves on the advisory board for The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular guest on The Steve Harvey Show.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Infrared Sauna Segment:
- Association Between Sauna Bathing and Fatal Cardiovascular and All-Cause Mortality Events
- Effect of post-exercise sauna bathing on the endurance performance of competitive male runners
- Endocrine effects of repeated sauna bathing
- What is an infrared sauna? Does it have health benefits?
- Three Ways To Biohack A Sauna For More Heat, A Better Detox & Enhanced Fitness.
- Niacin Mechanism of Action
Dr. Laura Berman Interview:
- Dr. Laura Berman’s Website
- Quantum Love
- Undercover Radio with Dr. Laura Berman
- Kimberly on Undercover Radio
See you over on the podcast!