In this fun and informative episode, Tony and I are together in LA as we speak candidly about pregnancy nutrition! We break down the nutrition basics from a quality over quantity approach that will help you understand what your body’s true needs are for you and baby.
There is so much MIS-information when it comes to this topic and I’m thrilled to start this conversation with you. Whether you are pregnant, looking to get pregnant or just curious about the topic, THIS is the podcast to check out!
Next, my very special guest is Brianne Grogan, who is joining us all the way from Germany. She is a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) that specializes in the unique female anatomy and physiology, and is the author of a book called Lady Bits: Understand Your Body, Elevate Your Health, and Reclaim Your Spark Naturally.
Tune in to hear Brianne and I discuss everything from pelvic floor muscles, how to really do kegels, orgasms for females, female libido, bladder leakage and more! If you have been curious about any of these female health issues listen in now! :)
- My different experiences working with both a midwife and an OB/GYN…
- How you actually only need 200-300 additional calories per day when pregnant…
- Some top staple foods during pregnancy…
- Info on the micro- and macro-nutrients you need….
- What supplements are important and why…
- How to tune into your own body and do what feels right…
- Why a healthy lifestyle before conception is so important…
- Why many women can’t orgasm…
- To do or not to do kegels? And how to do them the right way…
- How being present can help you release…
- How to get in touch with your pelvic floor muscles
- Hip-opening yoga poses to try…
- Exercises you can try at home to improve your female health…
- Great fitness tips for expectant mothers…
About Brianne Grogan, DPT
Brianne Grogan graduated as a Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2006 from Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon. While pregnant with her son, Brianne began coursework that allowed her to specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction.
In 2009, Brianne left the traditional role as a clinician in order to start her own fitness revolution, FemFusion® Fitness. Today, Brianne teaches live FemFusion classes internationally. Brianne is an AFAA certified group fitness instructor, a certified women’s health and nutrition coach, and the author of Lady Bits: Understand Your Body, Elevate Your Health, and Reclaim Your Spark Naturally. She does not believe in “one size fits all” diet and exercise plans, but stands by one simple rule that applies to everyone!
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Pregnancy Nutrition Segment:
- Plant-Based Pregnancy Nutrition
- Dioxins in animal foods
- Managing your stress/mood will affect your food choices
- Importance of Choline and Omega-3
(Best vegan choline sources: Nutritional yeast; secondary are broccoli, spinach)
Brianne Grogan Interview: