Is the AHA’s witch hunt against coconut oil valid? Does it really pose a danger to your heart? Tony and I dive deeper into the claims of coconut oil not being healthy for your heart, potentially increasing cholesterol, and other risk factors. Learn whether you should continue to view coconut oil as a healthy fat to include in your daily diet and if there are any precautions you should take!
Next, I have my very special guest Mike Silvio, who has run a marathon on every continent- including Antarctica! He has battled diabetes and other challenges, and is here to inspire us today as an author and motivational speaker. Mike shares what prompted him to get into running in marathons around the world and what his inspirations was. We talk about the “Seven Life Lessons Learned While Running Seven Continents”, and some of the life lessons he experienced while on his journey. Listen in, as Mike shares how he turned his life around with healthy food choices, listening to his body, and self-care.
- Tony and I discuss the conspiracy against coconut oil and if it should be included in your beauty detox lifestyle…
- We talk about the American Heart Association and its affiliation with organizations that promote vegetable oils which compete/campaign against coconut oil…
- Which oils are not healthy to consume…
- How money plays a huge role in food recommendations and how to know and research what we should be eating…
- Tony shares which oils cause inflammation and disease…
- We share beauty foods that include healthy fats and can be safely consumed in your daily diets…
- Ways in which you can stand by coconut oil as being a healthy choice…
- Mike shares his journey and what motivated him to get into running in marathons around the world…
- How Mike changed his diet following his diagnosis…
- We talk about the “Seven Life Lessons Learned While Running Seven Continents”, and what they are…
- Mike shares his advice on how life altering challengers can be faced with optimism…
About Mike Silvio
Mike is a certified member of the Seven Continent Club, having run full marathons on each of the world’s seven Continents. He now speaks around the country on the “Seven Life Lessons Learned While Running Seven Continents” and documents his journey from Heart Patient back to Marathoner.
Mike battles with adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular disease caused by genetics and deep a love of sweets and even deeper appreciation of liquid carbohydrates. He trains with the 501 Running Club.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association
- American Heart Association Enhances Communications / Marketing Organization to Adapt to Changing Media Landscape, Consumer Needs
- In Defense of Coconut Oil: Rebuttal to USA Today
- 13 Evidence-Based Medicinal Properties of Coconut Oil
- 12 Superfoods for a Healthier Lifestyle
- Beauty Detox Take On ‘What The Health’!
- How to Get Lean and Muscular on a Beauty Detox Diet!
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- 3 Easy Tips To Eat Healthy All Week Long!
- 12 Dietary Changes that Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Mike Silvio’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- ‘What the Health’ Uncovers The Truth With Kip Andersen & Secret Techniques for Mastering Meditation [BIO Podcast: Ep 155]
- Architects For Change With Maria Shriver & Understanding Enzymes – Pt. 2 [BIO Podcast: Ep 165]
- Insider Beauty Tips with Dita Von Teese & Sneaky Sources Of Toxicity! [BIO Podcast: Ep 33]
- Radical Beauty with Deepak Chopra [BIO Podcast: Ep 95]
With love and gratitude,