Do you wonder about getting the flu shot, especially when it is talked about by co-workers and family members?! Tony and I take a deep dive together into this whole debate, looking at the science, the potential consequences, and ultimately whether it’s a good idea for anyone. If you’ve ever wondered about flu shots — you absolutely want to check out this segment.
Next, we have my very special guest Anthony Mackie, who is an actor for Oscar-winning films such as, The Hurt Locker and Million Dollar Baby, as well as his roles as The Falcon in the Avengers and Captain America franchises. He is also a father and advocate for a plant based diet. Listen in as Anthony shares his personal experience transitioning into a vegan lifestyle and how this has affected him and his work.
- Tony and I share our personal perspective on information surrounding the flu vaccine…
- We talk about the different flu scares over the years and the illnesses that arise as a result of them..
- Whether we have chosen to get the flu shot or not, and why or why not…
- The debate on whether there are heavy metals in vaccines…
- We share some reasons on why you may decide not to get the flu shot this season..
- How poor digestion could be a breeding ground for bacteria and what to do to strengthen it…
- Other tips on how to build your immunity up and avoid getting sick as often…
- Anthony shares how he became interested in living a plant based diet…
- We discuss how transitioning to a vegan lifestyle fits into his busy work schedule and lifestyle…
- How diet helps to keep Anthony in top shape for his roles in the film industry…
- Anthony talks about living and growing up in Louisiana, and any challenges he faces dietary wise, and as a father, and in handling his kid’s diets….
- Ways in which a new diet can help or influence the way you approach your work and other aspects of your life…
About Anthony Mackie
Anthony Mackie is well-known from Oscar-winning films The Hurt Locker and Million Dollar Baby, as well as The Adjustment Bureau, 8 Mile, and Half Nelson, continues to be one of Hollywood’s most in demand actors.
He was classically trained at the Juilliard School of Drama and is able to capture a plethora of characters on both the stage and screen. Last year, Mackie appeared as The Falcon in the third installment of the Captain America franchise Captain America: Civil War, reprising his role from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Other recent credits include starring opposite Jennifer Connolly in Paul Bettany’s directorial debut Shelter as well as alongside Sandra Bullock in David Gordon Green’s Our Brand is Crisis. He was last seen in the HBO adaptation of All The Way as Martin Luther King Jr. opposite Bryan Cranston, which garnered eight Emmy nominations.
Next on the horizon, Mackie will be seen in Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit and the post-apocalyptic thriller Io, followed by the third installment in the Avengers franchise, Infinity War.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Latest update**
- What mainstream medicine says
- Why I Will Not be Getting the Flu Vaccine OR the Swine Flu Vaccine
- Do You Need the Flu Shot?
- Answering Your Questions About The Flu, Vitamin C and More!
- 7 Natural Methods to Get You Through Cold and Flu Season
- Do I Need to Be Vegan/Vegetarian?
- Meat Vs Plant-Based Diet Effect On Gut Bacteria
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
**While we differ very strongly with Dr. Mercola in the area of dietary approach, this is excellent and current information.
Anthony Mackie Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Breastfeeding Insights With Dr. Jay Gordon & BD Foods For Nursing [BIO Podcast: Ep 55]
- The Power Of Pitaya With Founders Chuck And Ben & How To Boost Your Immunity [BIO Podcast: Ep. 29]
- Shifting Our Energy With Charlynn Avery & The Power of Prebiotics! [BIO Podcast: Ep 147]
- How Can Families Make The Shift To A Plant Based Diet? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 194]
With love and gratitude,