With the rise of low-carb diets, including Paleo and ketogenic approaches, grains have come under fire as a food source. Fortunately, science doesn’t support the notion that all grains are bad; at best, the research shows that we simply need to be selective about our grain consumption—and that good grains can be part of a healthy, balanced diet for most people.
Next, we have my very special guest Gary Jansen, who is the director of Image Books, a senior editor at Penguin Random House, and best-selling author. For the last ten years Gary has been writing about spirituality and human potential. Listen in, as Gary shares how making small changes in your life, if done consistently, can bring fulfillment and increase your overall health and well-being. His new book, Life Everlasting, publishes on March 13th!
- Tony and I discuss why grains are such a hot topic…
- If grains really causes weight gain…
- How grains can be included in the Beauty Detox lifestyle for healthy diets…
- Gary shares how his personal path lead him to writing books about spirituality…
- How spiritual traditions are similar to wellness rituals and why they are so important…
- We discuss “microshifts” and how they can be a powerful tool for improving our lives…
- Bridging the gap between spiritual mystics and religious traditionalists, and if there are differences between the two…
- What “the art of devotion” is and how can it help us experience miracles in all aspects of our daily lives, including our health, finances, and relationships…
- We discuss Gary’s new book, Life Everlasting!
About Gary Jansen
Gary Jansen is the director of Image Books and a senior editor at Penguin Random House where he has edited and published books by New York Times bestselling authors. He is the author of the bestselling memoir Holy Ghosts: Or, How a (Not So) Good Catholic Boy Became a Believer in Things That Go Bump in the Night; The 15-Minute Prayer Solution; and Station to Station.
A frequent lecturer, Jansen has been featured on NPR, The Huffington Post, CNN, and the Sundance Channel, to name just a few. He also has appeared numerous times on the Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum.
Gary’s new book, Life Everlasting, is out on March 13th!!
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Study on Okinawans
- Gluten consumption and grains
- Whole Grain study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Grains: To Eat Or Not To Eat?
- Multi-Grain vs. Whole Grain vs. Whole Wheat
- Everything You Want To Know About Radical Beauty!
- The Magic of Morning Rituals
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Gary Jansen Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Can You Eat Grains When You Have Candida? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 136]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- Benefits of Acupuncture With Dr. Pina LoGiudice & How to Give Your Mood a Makeover! [BIO Podcast: Ep 81]
With love and gratitude,