Eating is about more than just food or nutrition. It can be a deeper experience that affects us on all levels beyond the physical, including mind, body and spirit. In fact, research has shown the connection between specific mealtime rituals, and quantitative measures such as our body mass index and likelihood of depression. This segment explores specific rituals you can do to elevate your mealtime experience and relationship with body and soul.
Next, we have my very special guest Dan Harris, who is an Emmy Award-winning journalist, co-anchor on ABC and author. Dan is the co-anchor of ABC’s Nightline and the weekend editions of Good Morning America. He is also the author of Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book. Listen in as Dan shares his clear, simple approach to meditation with some of the most respected meditation teachers on the planet, and how you too can implement this approach in your lives.
- Tony and I discuss family dinner time rituals and if they can have an effect on your body mass index…
- We share specific studies based around our dining environment and its impact on your health and wellness…
- How watching TV could lead to overeating and a higher body mass index and why…
- Ways to stay leaner when incorporating simple food rituals into your daily lifestyle…
- We share some of the benefits when we eat mindfully, especially with the family…
- How practicing gratitude before eating can make our food taste better…
- We share ways to show honor to friends and family that eat at your table…
- Dan shares the turning point in his life and career that led him to start exploring meditation…
- The biggest fears and misconceptions about meditation and how you can overcome these fears…
- How Dan’s new book is created for those that are naturally skeptical and research-oriented, and how it differs from his first book, 10% Happier…
- We discuss what the DMN (default mode network) is…
- How important it is to take note of the thoughts your mind wanders to during meditation…
- Dan shares the life benefits people can expect from meditation…
- If meditation is just for “spiritual enlightenment” or if it can lead to ambitious accomplishments…
- How meditation has helped Dan in his journalistic career and how it can help you too…
About Dan Harris
Dan Harris is an Emmy Award-winning journalist and the co-anchor of ABC’s Nightline and the weekend editions of Good Morning America. He is the author of two New York Times bestsellers, 10% Happier and Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book.
He went on the launch the 10% Happier podcast and an app called 10% Happier: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics. He lives in New York City with his wife, Bianca, their son, Alexander, and three ASPCA cats.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Family meal rituals can lower BMI
- Family dinner benefits
- Small rituals before meals
- Rituals and food flavor
- [Vlog #9] The Power of Ritual
- The Magic of Morning Rituals
- [FREE] 7 Day Guided Meditations
- Start Meditating With These Easy Tips
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Dan Harris Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Mindfulness and Sustainability with Jason Wachob & Happiness and Numbers! [BIO Podcast: Ep 135]
- Overcoming Grief with Kristin Meekhof & The Magic of Morning Rituals [BIO Podcast: Ep 69]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- Holistic Skin Care With Tricia Trimble & Two Scientific Secrets for Happiness [BIO Podcast: Ep 217]
With love and gratitude,