Lemons and acai are two ingredients that are both great for cleansing and rejuvenating the body. As you know, lemon is a core part of the Beauty Detox lifestyle — adding it into our Glowing Green Smoothie® and our daily hot water morning ritual.
I also love my acai and consume it all the time in my afternoon smoothies. Combine the two in my Purple Power Detox Tonic Recipe and you have a tonic that is not only good for the body but good for the soul!
This is the perfect time of year to get serious about giving our bodies a cleansing boost, and there’s no better way than through the foods we eat. Let’s check out why these ingredients pack a punch when it comes to detoxifying out bodies!
Why I Try To Include Acai Into My Daily Beauty Foods Ritual
Last spring I did a podcast on acai that was a super fun interview with Ryan Black, the co-founder of Sambazon. He shared his insight into this powerhouse berry and why it’s harvested wild in the Amazon, and much more.
Please check it out if you haven’t listened yet, as I think you will enjoy it and will give you more insight into why acai is such an incredible food to add into our weekly rotation.
Here are just a few of the reasons why I recommend acai so highly! It’s…
- Packed with superfood nutrition and powerful antioxidants
- Provides healthy omegas and vital nutrients
- Contains the perfect combination of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
- Provides trace minerals and essential nutrients
- Replenishes your post-workout with wholefood nutrition
- Keeps you in line with your Beauty Detox goals
- Beautifying- from the inside out!
- Has powerful detoxification capacities in the human body
- Filled with a natural cleanser (aka: fiber), minerals, and is naturally sugar-free
- Gives you glowing skin and shiny, lustrous hair
- Alleviates digestive problems like bloating and constipation
Need I say more?! This berry is a true superfruit that must be added into your afternoon snacks. If you haven’t tried acai yet, isn’t it about time!?
You can find acai in the freezer section at most health stores (other markets are starting to carry it now too, so be sure to check them out). The brand I love and trust is the Sambazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Packets — made from delicious, organic acai, wild-harvested from the heart of the Amazon, using fair-trade practices.
You can feel good about supporting and benefiting the local farmers while filling your body with only the best ingredients!
Why Lemons Are One Of The Best Detox Fruits
If there is one fruit that I cannot live without, it’s lemons! 🍋🍋🍋 This is one beauty fruit I don’t go a day without! Using this vibrant, fragrant and juicy citrus from morning till night — it’s truly one of Nature’s best detoxifiers!
Here is why I add lemons to just about everything:
- Contains loads of Vitamin C: one of the most regenerative antioxidants to help abate inflammation and various forms of aging in the body —keeping our cells vibrant and healthy
- Keeps our immunity strong and protects us against colds and the flu
- Boosts liver function and tissue regeneration — helpful while cleansing, as the liver is our main detoxifying organ
- Dissolves mucus in the body
- Help with the absorption of minerals
- Contain compounds called flavonoids, which are antioxidants that neutralize free radicals
- A good source of folate and thiamin, which helps wounds heal and helps hold blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and bone together
- One of the strongest cleansers — dissolving toxic substances and cleansing our tissues and system
- Keeps skin glowing, aids digestion, and helps you lose weight
- Boosts energy and mood
Yes, lemons are delicious and refreshing, and an all-star beauty food in my book (literally!). 😝 It would be crazy to leave this prized, zesty fruit out of your beauty foods ritual!
Let’s continue our day in removing those nasty toxins from our bodies and reap all the benefits with this restorative and stimulating beauty tonic!
Check out the full recipe below…
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 frozen unsweetened acai packet
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sparkling water
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- Coconut nectar or stevia to sweeten to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients except the mint and sparkling water into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass and top with sparkling water and mint.
- Taste and add liquid sweetener, if desired.
Sending you all my love,