We all know how vital sleep is, and few get enough quality sleep every night. Why is that? The biggest challenge is lack of supportive rituals around sleep. In this segment, you’ll discover some of the most powerful rituals for better sleep; more than that, you’ll learn how to reconnect your sleep cycles with the elements of nature. This is the secret that helps your return your body (and sleep) to a deeply rested, rejuvenated state that is your birthright.
Next, we have my very special guest Chef Tal, who is the New York Times bestselling author of The Conscious Cook and co-founder of the Artisanal Almond Milk Food company Kite Hill. Tal talks about his world as a renowned chef and what motivated him to curate vegan meal programs and products that revolve around a plant-based lifestyle. Listen in as he shares his vision for a plant-based food that would have all the qualities we relish in the best artisan dairy cheeses, and tips you can use at home.
- Tony and I discuss why sleep is such a huge focus with us…
- Ways in which sleep affects hormones and neurotransmitters…
- How sleep has a connection to how we feel throughout the day…
- Why harmonizing with natural elements (like the sun, moon, air) is so important to your overall health and vitality…
- Ways to incorporate the natural elements of the earth into your homes for better beauty sleep…
- How our circadian rhythm is connected to the Earth and is vital for a good night’s rest…
- Why natural light from the outdoors is so important for your skin, your circadian rhythm, and your sleep…
- Ways to get vitamin D when you are unable to get enough natural sunlight…
- More tips on how to create healthy rituals with the goal of better sleep and health…
- Chef Tal shares what inspired him to become a plant-based chef and how he got started…
- How Tal found success and support in the plant-based world…
- What inspired the idea of starting Kite Hill, which is based in almond milk, and what the process was like to create a delicious and authentic-tasting nut milk based cheese…
- We discuss the cornerstones of creating a food based cleanse…
- Tal shares where the inspiration came from for the menu at Crossroads and what he’s learned from the experience of opening a upscale plant-based restaurant…
- We share our go-to meals and some tips on how you can prepare plant-based meals when at home…
About Tal Ronnen
Tal Ronnen, executive chef of LA’s Crossroads restaurant and author of the New York Times bestseller The Conscious Cook, became known nationwide as the chef who prepared the meals for Oprah Winfrey’s 21-day cleanse.
Tal made his culinary mark at a number of high-profile events; he has catered Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi’s wedding, Arianna Huffington’s party at the Democratic National Convention, and a U.S. Senate dinner.
A graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute, Tal also conducts master vegetarian workshops for students and staff at Le Cordon Bleu campuses nationwide, and is the consulting chef of LYFE Kitchen in Palo Alto and a collaborating chef at The Wynn and Encore hotels in Las Vegas.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Kimberly’s SleepWell System
- Red light and sleep
- Sun, vitamin D and earthing
- Grounding research
- My Top 6 Tips For Better Sleep!
- Getting More Sleep Naturally…For Beauty and Weight-Loss
- 3 Nutrients & Foods To Get Better Sleep Naturally!
- Follow-Up On Sleep, Beauty and Why You Don’t Feel as Rested as You Should
- Do I Need to Be Vegan/Vegetarian?
- How Can Families Make The Shift To A Plant Based Diet? [BIO Podcast: Ep. 194]
- Kimberly Pick’s
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Tal Ronnen Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Transform Fear To Faith With Gabrielle Bernstein & Power Napping for Your Body & Beauty! [BIO Podcast: Ep 99]
- Better Sleep with Dr. Parsley and How To Fight Fatigue Naturally! [BIO Podcast: Ep 31]
- Enhance Your Sleep With Dr. Jay & Top 5 Nutrient Deficiencies [BIO Podcast: Ep 177]
- Living A Plant-Based Diet With Anthony Mackie & Should You Get the Flu Shot? [BIO Podcast: Ep 223]
With love and gratitude,