Today I’m shaking things up with a fun and fresh recipe for my delicious Zesty Collard Tacos! Unlike greasy fast food tacos, you can actually feel good about nourishing your body with this beauty food…without sacrificing flavor! Plus, if you’re like me, you’ll enjoy rolling up your sleeves and playing with your food as you assemble these bright and beautiful tacos :)
Kale, romaine and spinach are some of the more popular leafy greens that we choose to throw in our smoothies, salads and other healthy recipes. While those greens are incredibly powerful beauty foods, I believe it’s key to rotate your greens for optimum health! This recipe is the perfect chance to switch things up and give collards a try, if you haven’t already :)
The leaves of collard greens are packed with a variety of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Bursting with this goodness, you can almost feel the plant’s strong, vibrant, living energy!
For instance, here are just a few highlights of the beauty benefits packed into these dark green leaves:
Not only are collard greens absolutely delicious and brimming with health benefits – they’re also affordable AND durable. That’s why they are the perfect substitute for holding together these zesty tacos in place of a wrap made of refined carbohydrates.
What I love about this Zesty Collard Tacos recipe is that invites some of my very favorite superfoods to play together at the fiesta! Just look at how vibrant and colorful the tacos are, thanks to the bright yellow mango and red bell pepper. Zesty lime and zingy cilantro tie the flavors together for a tastebud party that is also sure to uplift your spirits!
While you’re enjoying the flavors of this recipe, your body will also thank you. Just take a look at the benefits each ingredient brings to the table:
So next time you’re bringing a dish to a social gathering, give these Zesty Collard Tacos a try! If anything, they’re a great excuse to play with your food, so they’re sure to be a hit ;)
Happy cooking, Beauties!
Lots of love,
1. In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, cilantro and jalapeño.
2. Drizzle with the juice of one lime and mix well.
3. Season to taste with salt. For best flavor, let the mixture rest for 10 minutes or longer.
4. Take a collard green with the dark edge facing down on your cutting board. Trim off the stem and up about two inches into the leaf. Place about 1/4-1/3 cup of the mango mixture in the middle of the leaf.
5. To assemble, roll up burrito style. Fold one of the long ends in, and then both the end pieces, and then the other long way, tucking in firmly.
6. Place with the folded edge down on your cutting board, and slice firmly into two pieces on the diagonal. Serve on your favorite plates and enjoy!!