Feel West Coast: Kale-ifornia Salad Recipe
Feel West Coast Kale-ifornia Salad Recipe Author: Kimberly Snyder
- 1 cup of raw soaked cashews
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- a large pinch of dried oregano
- ½ cup water more or less to desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of Lacinato kale stemmed and torn
- ½ bulb fennel cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbs. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- Nutritional yeast to garnish
Place all dressing ingredients into Vitamix and blend until smooth. Next, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you reach desired consistency.
Place kale and fennel into a large salad bowl and use your hands to massage in the salad dressing.
Garnish with pine nuts, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast and enjoy my new kale salad recipe.