This is a fun twist on the Glowing Green Smoothie that might even entice your kids. With warm weather approaching, this is the perfect treat for everyone. The Glowing Green Popsicles are guilt-free treats (enjoy them on an empty stomach, though, because of the fruit!) you can share with your family, and you get a lot of the same nutrients you do from the GGS.
If your kids love popsicles, you can feel great about giving these to them instead the artificially flavored ones that are laden with all kinds of nasty/crazy/toxic/difficult to digest ingredients. And of course, these aren’t just for kids… they’re a great treat for us adults too! While I still recommend drinking your GGS in the morning instead of using this as a replacement (unless you’re going to devour about six popsicles on your own!), feel free to enjoy one later in the day, maybe as a post workout snack mid-afternoon This recipe makes about six to eight popsicles, but it will depend on the size of your popsicle molds.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 small pear
- ½ apple
- ½ to ¾ frozen banana
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Liquid stevia to taste
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 4-6 fresh strawberries, sliced (depends on the size of your popsicle molds)
- Optional: a few more strawberries (or other berries) to sweeten things up even more (keep in mind this will alter the color and the popsicles will no longer be a vibrant green color)
- Place all the lettuce and spinach into a high-powered blender along with the coconut water and lemon juice. Blend for a few seconds on low and then gradually increase to a high speed. Blend until smooth, just like you’re making a Glowing Green Smoothie.
- Add the apple, pear, banana, vanilla, and stevia and blend again until smooth.
- Taste test! Add more stevia, vanilla, or even lemon juice if you’d like.
- Pour the mixture into BPA-free popsicle molds, not quite to the fill line.
- Add sliced strawberries (or other fruit), pushing down with the end of a spoon or a chopstick as you go to make sure they’re evenly distributed. Slide the handles of the popsicle molds into place.
- Freeze for at least six hours.
- Pop them out and enjoy!
While this is similar to the GGS, you get the additional benefits of the fresh strawberries. Those are some of the best Beauty Fruits you can eat! Just be sure to get organic since they’re part of the Dirty Dozen. Strawberries are anti-inflammatory and can reduce blood sugar (yep, reduce!). They’re also full of antioxidants.
Love for all, Kimberly