In this episode, I talk about something that’s been weighing on my mind ever since she saw the documentary Cowspiracy: Animal agriculture is the number one destructive industry for the environment. We all hear so much about the health impacts of eating meat, but rarely hear about the environmental aspects. From the clearing of rainforest land, to water usage, the increasing conversion of forests to deserts to plant the monocrops which feed animals used for food, Tony and I discuss this shocking and eye-opening information.
My interviews today is with the lovely Rachel Brathen, also known as Yoga Girl on her popular Instagram and other social media channels. Rachel is based in Aruba, and is the leader of yoga workshops and retreats all around the world, and she’s the founder of a wonderful new online platform and healing community called oneOeight.
- How we can turn our struggles, scars and pain into something beautiful and ever-expanding through sharing, yoga and a meditation practice…
- The environmental impacts of a carnivorous diet and the hard-hitting facts that we should all be aware of…
- Rachel Brathen shares her past and what she has gone through to form the powerful message that she gives today…
- How Yoga Girl has grown her audience very organically through authenticity, passion and love…
- How to find balance and happiness in your life, through self-love and passion…
- And all about Rachel’s new platform oneOeight!
About Rachel Brathen, aka Yoga Girl
Swedish native Rachel Brathen is a New York Times best-selling author, motivational speaker and international yoga teacher residing in Aruba. After graduating school in Stockholm she traveled to Costa Rica and it was here that she found the joy of incorporating yoga into her everyday life. Deepening her yoga practice and also taking her first steps towards teaching, she ended up moving to Central America where she spent years exploring the intricate studies of yoga and spirituality.
After moving to Aruba early 2010 she started teaching yoga full time on this Caribbean island. Her classes are a dynamic Vinyasa Flow integrating alignment, core work, and breathing techniques with basic poses and creative sequencing. With close to two million followers in social media, Brathen shares pieces of her life with the world every day and constantly travels the globe to connect with her community.
In Rachel’s new book YOGA GIRL, where she gives readers an in-depth look at her journey from her self-destructive teenage years to the bohemian and beautiful life she’s built through yoga and meditation in Aruba today.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
RESEARCH AND RESOURCES FROM THIS PODCAST:
- Amazing Interview with the Directors that Includes Links to Relevant Statistics:
- Are you curious about the Infrared Sauna? If you’d like to know more about Kimberly’s sauna, then feel free to check out the product page for more information!
See you back here soon!