I am so excited to have a very special guest Byron Katie, founder of the Work, a process that guides people through the process of inquiry, which helps create freedom, radical shifts and life changes.
She is also the author of I need your love- is that true? Loving What Is, and a Thousand Names for Joy, among other books. Listen in to hear tips on how to end suffering and unhappiness in an amazingly powerful, simple and accessible way.
- Katie describes her “waking up to reality” and how she went from severely depressed and angry to everything disappearing but peace…
- How The Work came to be…
- Ways you too can awaken in every moment, through inquiry…
- We talk about how thoughts are designed to deepen our identification with the ego, and how we can inquire and love our way through them…
- Katie and I use one of my personal real world examples of when I got angry and how to find peace and calmness…
- Katie explains how our own thoughts opposing reality make us suffer…
- How action becomes clear, fluid and fearless once we really look at reality…
- Ways in which love, acceptance and appreciation coming from within…
- The Work is explained on how it helps us each find the True Beauty within us…
- Tips on how to use The Work to create more joy, love and beauty in our lives…
About Byron Katie
Byron Katie, founder of The Work, has one job: to teach people how to end their own suffering. As she guides people through the powerful process of inquiry she calls The Work, they find that their stressful beliefs—about life, other people, or themselves—radically shift and their lives are changed forever.
Based on Byron Katie’s direct experience of how suffering is created and ended, The Work is an astonishingly simple process, accessible to people of all ages and backgrounds, and requires nothing more than a pen, paper, and an open mind.
Through this process, anyone can learn to trace unhappiness to its source and deal with it there. Katie (as everyone calls her) not only shows us that all the problems in the world originate in our thinking: she gives us the tool to open our minds and set ourselves free.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast and follow me on Soundcloud, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
FAN OF THE WEEK
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Embracing Change and Finding the Sunrise at the End of it
- How to Like Yourself More, And How This Improves Your Health
- The Amazing Healing Power of Gratitude
- Everything You Want To Know About Radical Beauty!
- Why the Importance of Meditation Isn’t What You Gain, but What You…
- How Certain Foods Can Change Your Mood
- 4 Ways to Heal Yourself from Within
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Byron Katie Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Instant Love with Allison Zatarain & The Many Health Benefits of Love [BIO Podcast: Ep 241]
- Mindfulness and Sustainability with Jason Wachob & Happiness and Numbers! [BIO Podcast: Ep 135]
- Meditation Tips & Overcoming Anxiety! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 284]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
In love and health,