Hummus is a great vegetarian snack, but most commercial hummus is made from CANNED chickpeas, which are cooked, re-cooked, denatured and completely devoid of their natural enzymes. Ugh. We need our enzymes to stay vibrant, healthy and energetic! You’ll be amazed at how yummy this raw variation is:
Raw Chickpea-free Hummus
- 2 organic zucchinis, chopped
- ¾ cup raw tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ Tbs. ground cumin
- High quality sea salt, to taste
- ** Optional: Add a couple of Tbs. of Kal brand nutritional yeast, for added protein and a thicker, cheesier flavor.
- Dip celery, red peppers, and cucumbers for a great snack or appetizer!