Okay I’ll admit it- this is my favorite nut pate in the world! I am pretty obsessed with it, so that when I make it I polish it off pretty fast. I made this recipe once on an E! segment, and afterwards the producers, who hadn’t had lunch yet, gobbled it right up. It is particularly grand on my taco salad recipe!
Macadamia Nut and Sundried Tomato Mash Recipe
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sundried tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped parsley (any variety)
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the macadamia nuts in the food processor with the lemon juice, and blend well.
- Add the chopped sundried tomato and sea salt, and blend again. The mixture will be moist and “crumbly” but not wet at all.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl, and mix the chopped parsley throughout the whole mixture.
- Enjoy by scooping on top of a green salad (again, spinach is highly recommended!), once you’ve eaten a good majority of the salad first. Or wrap in collard greens with sprouts per the instructions under Bruce’s Pine Nut Cheese. Right before serving I like to add some fresh cracked black pepper to the top, which seems to give it an extra bit of spark.