June is officially here! It’s one of my favorite months of the whole year. I thought this week would be perfect to share with you my Fresh Cucumber Cooler Recipe which is featured in my new book The Beauty Detox Power. I love cucumbers this time of year, which are hydrating and full of beauty minerals. They’re juicy and great for helping to keep your skin hydrated and fresh-looking, just like them. If you are able to get them organic you can leave their beautiful skin on and eat them as they are, which will provide you with even more beauty minerals.
This is a simple beverage you can make for yourself or the whole family in just a matter of minutes. We all get tired of plain water or feel like we want a treat after a long day, or something ultra refreshing on a hot summer afternoon. This blend of hydrating cucumber, refreshing mint and tangy lime will give you a little up to brighten your day :) and freshen up your face!
Remember: The recipe below is single serving so if you are preparing for a get together be-sure to calculate the proper portion needed for your event.
Please share your favorite cooler recipes below in the comments. I would love to see what you have come up with as well
With love and gratitude,
- 1 medium cucumber (about 1⁄4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, plus a few sprigs for garnishing
- 3⁄4 cup cool filtered water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon stevia
- Peel the cucumber if it is nonorganic. Cut a single thin slice from one end of the cucumber and reserve. Juice the cucumber and the mint together in a juicer. If no juicer is available, blend the cucumber, mint and water in a blender or food processor, and then strain the mixture through a cheesecloth. Pour the cucumber juice into a tall glass.
- Stir in the lime juice, stevia and filtered water (if you did not blend it in already). You can shake this drink in a cocktail shaker with a little ice if you really want to emulate a cocktail, though digestion-wise drinking this cool but without ice is more ideal.
- Garnish the cooler with a beautiful sprig of fresh mint and the reserved cucumber slice.