With The Super Bowl just around the corner, I thought it would be awesome to supply you with a yummy and super healthy dish that is fun to serve at your next party! Whether your guests want the Carolina Panthers or the Denver Broncos to win, one thing they will agree on is this dish: My Red Quinoa, Broccoli and Corn Salad. :)
When it comes to hosting or going to an event we all can be short on time. This dish is super easy to make and luckily the only pre-prep is to be sure to soak the quinoa overnight. Then the day of your event, just finalize the rest of the recipe in the morning or early afternoon. It tastes great at slightly warm or at room temperature!
If you would like to have this as a complete meal be sure to pair it with a leafy green salad. You can mix and match your greens depending on your mood. One of the best ways to enjoy a party or event is to bring a healthy dish to share. If you are hosting you can feel good about the food you are offering your guests because not only is it delicious but good for you! This is a wonderful way you can stay on track and it’s a non-threatening way to share with family and friendly on how you like to eat now to feel your best.
This can also be a good ice breaker sharing about your latest creation. With a dish that tastes this good maybe you’ll convert some guests to be quinoa lovers! If you are looking for more healthy creations to have at your next event check out these fun dips and sides!
See Recipe Below…
- Raw kernels of 2 ears of corn, shaved right from cob (Organic)
- 1 cup of small broccoli florets
- 1½ cups dry red quinoa
- 3 Tbs. radishes, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
- 1 Tbs. raw apple cider or brown rice vinegar
- Pre-prep: Be sure to soak the quinoa overnight in water and rinse well before using.
- In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the red quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to the side in a bowl.
- As your red quinoa is cooking, also water steam your broccoli until softened.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender, or simply add them to a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Shave the kernels of raw corn right off the cob with a large knife, and add to the quinoa along with the broccoli and radishes. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing on top of the mixture and mix well again. Enjoy!