Summer weather is knocking at our doorstep and it is FINALLY time to relax and take in the suns rays! Have you been thinking about what easy dish you can bring to your upcoming barbecue or picnic?
My Sweet Potato “Pasta” Salad with Garlic Basil Dressing dish (isn’t that fun to say??) is so colorful, deliciously yummy and amazingly easy to make, that you’ll be sitting with your feet up in no time. And isn’t that the point of getting together with our loved ones…not slaving away behind the grill? :)
I love the taste of pesto, but commercial versions often contain Beauty Detox no-no’s- including dairy! I wanted to create a healthier and beautifying version, still delicious but without all of the guilt. :) This dish is also properly food combined. Let’s check out what’s in it!
Thanks for checking out my Sweet Potato “Pasta” Salad with Garlic-Basil Dressing and adding it to your party list. It’s so worth the effort, and will have the crowds begging for more!
Check out the full recipe here…
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- Garlic basil dressing:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (you can add more if even more “cheesy” flavor is desired)
- Juice of ½ large lemon (to taste)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- water to thin out, if needed
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes and zucchini on small spaghetti setting. Cook sweet potatoes in coconut oil in a saute pan over medium heat until tender (about 10 minutes). Add zucchini and cook until just softened (about 3-4 minutes). Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Make garlic basil dressing: combine basil, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until well-combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Toss sweet potato mixture in dressing. Serve immediately. If serving later hold dressing separate and mix just before serving.
P.S. Kickstart summer with a cleanse from Glow Bio today! Use code “SUMMERSLIM16” to get a FREE Summer Slimdown Booster pack!