Do you sometimes feel over-fed, yet starving? This question is what made me think of my latest creation for my Herb-Roasted Beauty Veggies Recipe. It’s packed with a variety of colors (aka…nutrients), from green, to orange to natural white (not in the refined sugar kind!) and MORE green, including the triple dose of my favorite fragrant herbs.
You know how crazy I am about eating your veggies. It’s a top priority throughout all of my Beauty Detox books! So let’s see why we should…
Eat More Veggies
Throughout all of the research I’ve done over the past several years, one thing that seems to continue to come up, is that in order to improve your overall health and beauty—we need to fill up on whole, unrefined plant foods.
If you’ve even seen the film Forks over Knives, you will recall hearing that, “Natural, plant-based foods provide all the essential nutrients needed for a well-balanced and healthy diet“.
That being said, one of the reasons people tend to overeat and struggle with calorie-counting (as I used to!), and portion size, is that their bodies aren’t fully absorbing nutrients. There is a very interesting reason for this, and you can find it on page 8 of my The Beauty Detox Foods book.
And if you’re not absorbing, then you’re not receiving the nutrients you need to function throughout your day. Bottom line is, we want to keep our gut (and all it’s running parts), toxin-free, so that we can benefit from the delicious veggies we put into it.
Hence…..veggies. If you want to keep your body running efficiently, then greens are one of the most important food groups. They are the most nutrient-dense of all foods and full of alkaline minerals and fiber, and BONUS, they make up your key Beauty Foods—regenerating and purifying your cells, and keeping your skin glowing, your hair strong and your eyes beautifully bright!
Let’s check out the easy, mineral-rich beauty recipe…
Remember, we always want to eat a wide range of vegetables, besides greens. They all have a range of minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients, plus fiber to help sweep away waste from your body, as well as fill you up in the process. This recipe is great for the holiday season but don’t hesitate to make it time of the year, and rotate your veggies.
Time to get prepping ladies, and keep our bodies beautiful from the inside out! ;)
See full recipe below…
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, each halved lengthwise
- 2 cups halved broccoli, each halved lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place cauliflower, in large bowl. Add the coconut oil, rosemary, and
- thyme, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Scatter vegetables evenly on
- baking sheet, and roast 20 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times with spatula. Increase oven temperature
- to 500°F, and roast vegetables 10 minutes more, or until tender. Transfer vegetables to large
- serving bowl, and add the fresh parsley and lemon juice. Toss to mix, and serve.