Wraps are one of THE best food inventions ever, in my opinion. Convenient for a busy office person, an overwhelmed mom and a lazy food maker (I happen to fit into all 3 of these categories, if you can count my home office!), wraps are where it is at.
The fact that you can pick them up makes it so fun and brings us back to our childhood memories of eating more things with our hands. And if you can pack the insides with filling, delicious nutrition, like in my new Gluten Free Zucchini Veggie Wrap Recipe, then you have a real winner.
Filled with greens from the zucchini and spinach and the easily digestible protein from the mushrooms, this gluten free wrap will having you feeling satisfied and loving life!
Zucchini and Your Heart!
Our beautiful Earth has a bountiful mix of greens to choose from, like; kale, chard, romaine, mustard greens, mâche, mixed greens, arugula, collard greens, and of course, zucchini and spinach, to name just a few!
Greens are amongst the most balancing of all foods because they are packed with nutrients to support health across your entire body and being.
Sometimes we forget about zucchini because it’s not leafy. So we might scoff, “Eh, zucchini. Whatevs!”. But zucchini is extremely high in water, fiber and minerals, and low in calories (learn more about how I feel about counting calories), and has a mild taste that works great in numerous recipes.
So check out your new bestie zucchini here in this recipe! :)
If you’ve tried my staple Gluten-free Avocado & Sprout Wrap and are ready for another amazing one…here it is! I can’t wait for you to try it!!
Check out the full recipe below…
- Coconut oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 gluten-free wraps (brown rice or teff preferably)
- Turn the grill plate on to medium high heat to preheat and add your coconut oil to grill, spreading to cover entire area.
- Season both sides of the sliced zucchini and cremini mushrooms and add to grill.
- Grill quickly for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Warm wrap gently in a pan for 1-2 minutes per side to soften and top with spicy mustard and sliced basil.
- Top with grilled vegetables and ½ of the spinach. Roll and serve immediately.
Add this recipe to your Dinner Recipes Pinterest Board and it’s be handy for those times you need a quick, yummy Beauty Detox meal!!
In love and light,