What?! Cinnamon rolls? Don’t you worry Beauties…my Banana Cinnamon Rolls Recipe isn’t the typical flour-filled, sugary-filled, and dairy-laden kind. No way!
Rather, we will be filling our bodies with only the best ingredients that are properly combined, so that our bodies can assimilate and digest this delicious and amazingly beautifying dessert with no issues whatsoever.
Let’s find out what’s in these babies below…
The Amazing Banana
Yes, what can I say…bananas are the star of the show, yet again. I can’t help it, you know how much I love bananas, and how often I use them in my recipes.
You may have read by now in my Radical Beauty book just how important bananas are in supplying our bodies with vitamins, minerals, fiber and long-term energy.
If not, you may want to pick up your own copy so you can educate yourself on the foods that will support your metabolism and how to best promote circulation of beauty-boosting nutrients!
It’s not just about counting calories, or avoiding a whole macronutrient like carbs, but it’s also about how you balance your overall diet and choose the highest quality whole foods in optimal combinations for digestion.
I’m always trying to think of the most effective way to naturally slim you down so that you can feel your best, and look amazing in the process- setting you up for amazing energy and overall life!
How do bananas fit into this equation? Well, bananas really are a force to be reckoned with, as you can see from the following list:
- Natural oils and enzymes that help your body easily digest them
- Lubricates your digestive tract—they won’t weigh down your digestive tract
- Cleansing fiber (3 grams in a medium-sized banana)
- Electrolytes help restore electrolytic balance (say, if you are experiencing digestive issues such as diarrhea).
- Bananas are high in potassium (about 600 mg per medium banana), balancing the effects of sodium on your body
- Vitamins A, B, E, K and C as well as 6 mcg of folic acid—essential for red blood cell formation.
All of this comes in a tasty package that has about 105 calories with 0 grams of fat (though, whose counting?).
It’s no wonder bananas are a perfect, natural, human food and why I chose it as the base for this simple treat! ????
The Warming Wonders of Cinnamon
What’s warm, spicy and full of flavor? You guessed it! Cinnamon…and how could I not add this amazing spice into these delightful cinnamon rolls?!
I absolutely love cinnamon for it’s warmth, flavor and spiciness but I also love it for it’s health benefits too. Packed full of antioxidants, this herb protects the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
Warming herbs and spices like cinnamon, heat up your body, boost circulation and speed up metabolism.
All of these actions have a positive effect on the immune system. By adding them to your diet you can help fight off colds and the flu, any time of the year.
Cinnamon also helps with inflammation in the body—helping the body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
In addition to all the above, while cinnamon boosts your metabolism, it also helps you achieve your weight loss goals, by helping to cure sugar cravings in-between meals, control blood sugar levels, and offshoot fat levels.
We’d be crazy not to include this amazing spice into our weekly food rotation!
What About Food Combining?
I have you covered there too! All the ingredients in this recipe make it so that you don’t have to worry if you’re combining correctly. I’ve done all the guess-work for you.
I’ve always encouraged simplifying your meals to less components. Period. This one tip alone will make a big impact on optimizing your digestive functioning with less energy.
I know it can be confusing at times, and that’s why I try, again, to keep my recipes as simple as possible so you don’t have to question anything that you’re putting into your body while meal prepping (which is hard enough!).
As you may have noted from my previous posts, certain fruits, such as bananas, are more dense and contain less water. You can’t juice a banana, right?
Bananas digest more slowly than other fruits, thus, are great for using in different types of desserts (and/or smoothies), and pair with a lot of other foods other than just fruit (as in this recipe).
Just remember, keep your meals and desserts simple—that is by far the most important thing to remember. I don’t think we could have made these rolls any simpler!
Let’s see just how easy this recipe is to prep and create!
How to Make these Cinnamon Rolls below…
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 10-12 dates
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven on lowest setting (200 F - 250 F)
- Slice bananas long ways into 3 slices, and place on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Bake for 60 minutes then let cool.
- Blend the cinnamon, dates, water, vanilla, and sea salt in a high speed blender. Then add coconut until roughly chopped and mixed with date paste.
- Flip the banana slices over and scoop date and coconut filling onto each slice.
- Roll the filled slices and place onto baking sheet for another two hours at lowest oven setting.
- Remove from oven, top with coconut shavings, serve, and enjoy!
All my love,