I am so excited to have a very special guest Laird Hamilton who is a world renowned big-wave surfer and pioneer of action water sports. Over the last decade, Laird has transcended from surfing becoming an international fitness and nutrition expert, as well as the New York Times best-selling author of Force of Nature. Listen in as he shares what inspired him to transition from big wave surfing into helping others with their fitness and nutrition goals.
- Laird shares what inspired him to transition from big wave surfing into the world of fitness and nutrition…
- We discuss Laird’s book, Force of Nature, and the importance of thriving in the modern world without adopting its harmful habits and what some of those habits are…
- Some of the impacts that diet has on athletic performance and training…
- Laird’s Superfoods and what the benefits are…
- We share some tips on how to keep your body feeling youthful and keep your energy up as you get older…
- Common misconceptions about breath work and some tips to help improve the breath…
- What inspired Laird to embrace the peaceful, core conditioning activity of stand-up paddling and paddle surfing for surfers and non-surfers alike…
About Laird Hamilton
Laird Hamilton is best known as an American big-wave surfer and pioneer in the world of action water sports. In addition to his affinity for the water, Laird is labeled as an inventor, author, stunt man, model, producer, TV host, fitness and nutrition expert, husband, father and adrenaline junkie.
A renowned innovator and guiding genius of crossover board sports including tow-in-surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and hydrofoil boarding. Together with wife, professional volleyball player and TV personality, Gabrielle Reece, Laird created Extreme Performance Training (XPT), a unique and powerful fitness training and lifestyle program featuring their unique water workouts, performance breathing, recovery methods, high-intensity and endurance training.
In addition to the hands-on fitness teachings Laird offers, he released his first book in 2008, Force of Nature: Mind, Body, Soul, and, Of Course, Surfing, which has become the go-to manual for those seeking inspiration for leading a healthy lifestyle. Laird is also a contributing editor for Men’s Journal, where he writes about his own fitness, health and nutrition philosophies.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- 3 Workout Tips + My 8 Favorite Workout Foods!
- How to Get Lean and Muscular on a Beauty Detox Diet!
- 9 Diet and Exercise Myths that People Won’t Stop Believing
- 5 EASY Lifestyle Shifts To Elevate Your Health!
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- The Connection between Proper Breathing and Weight Loss
- Revitalize & Renew Yourself Through Conscious Movement & Breathing
- Feel Good SBO Probiotics
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Laird Hamilton Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Being Strong, Focused and Happy with Tara Stiles & Digestive Health Tips for the Holidays [BIO Podcast: Ep 121]
- Finding Your True Passion With Satya Scainetti & Reducing Stress Through Chanting! [BIO Podcast: Ep 167]
- The 5am Miracle With Jeff Sanders & The Different Phases of Beauty Detox! [BIO: #59]
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding With Jennifer Davidson & Is Cardio Bad For You? [BIO Podcast: Ep 105]
With love and gratitude,