In this episode, Tony and I go deep into a topic that seems to be not necessarily health-related, until you see how much we are (including our bodies) affected by it, and that is…shame. It’s a powerful eye-opener with implications for your self-esteem, stress levels, diet, weight and more. Listen in as we break down this topic and share ways to be more positive in our communities.
Next, we have my very special guest, Gretchen Rubin, who is a New York Times bestselling author. Her books consist of Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. Gretchen hosts the podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin. Listen in as Gretchen shares her journey from life at law to sharing her thoughts on living a life of happiness.
- The differences between shaming and sharing our opinions…
- How shaming has an impact on our overall health and well-being…
- Tony shares points from the book Nonviolent Communication and tips on communication…
- How what we say to people externally is a reflection of our inner self-talk…
- We discuss if the tendency to shame others develops during childhood and why…
- Insight from The Beauty Detox Power book regarding self-love, self-nurturing and self-care…
- Gretchen shares how she transitioned from a life in law to writing…
- We talk about happiness and what it means to each of us as individuals…
- The fifteen academic definitions of happiness and if they matter…
- If social media can affect our happiness and how to cope…
- The genetic impact on different approaches to happiness
- Gretchen discusses parenting and how to balance negativity…
- How creating good habits cuts down on mundane decision-making and can increase happiness…
About Gretchen Rubin
Gretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers, Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. Her books have sold more than two million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages.
On her popular weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, she discusses good habits and happiness with her sister Elizabeth Craft; they’ve been called the “Click and Clack of podcasters.” The podcast was named in iTunes’s and Vulture’s lists of “Best Podcasts of 2015.”
Gretchen Rubin started her career in law and was clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor when she realized she wanted to be a writer. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- How Shame Increases Stress
- Basic overview of Non-Violent Communication
- Fat Shaming
- Kimberly’s Instagram Post
- Mommy Shaming is a Thing
- Tips to Help Treat Depression
- Tap Into The True Power Of Affirmations (Video Tip)
- 10 Ways to Combat Depression and Anxiety Through Your Diet
- How Certain Foods Can Change Your Mood
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- The Beauty Detox Power: Nourish Your Mind and Body for Weight Loss and Discover True Joy
Gretchen Rubin’s Interview
Happy listening, and wishing you a beautiful day!
With love and gratitude,
I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog
posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately
stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i’m
satisfied to convey that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed.
I most surely will make certain to don’t put out of your mind this web site and give it a glance on a constant basis.
Thank you Dermavelle Serum…it’s greatly appreciated when I hear feedback regarding my website and the articles I write. Happy to hear that are helpful. Lots of love and continued support! 😉
Thanks for sharing such a pleasant thought, article is nice, thats why i have read it completely
Thank you ProTrim Fit Ingredients…lots of love to you! 😉
Great info. Lucky me I ran across your site by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book-marked it for later!
Thank you Blue Beach Youth Science Review…hope to see you back here soon. Lots of love! 😉
I got what you intend,saved to my bookmarks, very nice internet site.
Thank you so much…lots of love! 😉
great issues altogether, you just gained a
logo new reader. What might you recommend about your put up that you just made a few days in the
past? Any positive?
Thanks so much and happy to hear you enjoyed this podcast. Please check out my website for other podcast shows, blogs and recipes. There are lots of topics to choose from. Sending lots of love! 😉
Hello there I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found
you by mistake, while I was browsing on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and
would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more,
Please do keep up the excellent job.
Sounds wonderful and Welcome to the Beauty Tribe! 😉