In this episode, Tony and I discuss the controversy over cardio. We talk about whether you should be doing high intensity, long-slow or none at all. You’ll hear some startling statistics and learn how to assess what is right for you. You may never look at cardio the same way again!
Next, we have my very special guest Jennifer Davidson who is a RN & Lactation Consultant. Jennifer has the wonderful opportunity of following women from their pregnancy throughout their breastfeeding journey. She is also the producer of The Milky Way film and also helped found The Milky Way Foundation. Listen in as Jennifer shares her knowledge in promoting a wonderful breastfeeding experience.
- Tony shares the idea of the concept that cardio could actually be bad for you…
- We discuss some of the cardio exercises that were popular over the years…
- What effects long-distance running has on our bodies…
- How exercise may speed up the aging process…
- We discuss what cardio can be included in our daily routine…
- Jennifer discusses how to promote breast milk and the best alternative routes…
- We discuss the root source of breastfeeding difficulties…
- If stress can reduce milk production…
- Jennifer shares her inspiration of why she created The Milky Way movie…
- How to restore the bond between mother and baby…
- Differentiating the truth from myth regarding breastfeeding in our culture…
- We talk about on demand versus scheduling breastfeeding…
- How confidence can have a positive impact on your baby…
- The reasons why a mother may not be able to breastfeed and how it affects her milk…
- Jennifer shares some insight into what her film, The Milky Way, is all about…
About Jennifer Davidson
Jennifer Davidson is an early childhood educator and taught preschool for two years. She returned to college and received a bachelor’s degree in Nursing. After completing school, she worked as a pediatric nurse at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles for ten years. During this time she got married and gave birth to a beautiful son who changed her life.
Jennifer was offered a part-time job as an RN at the progressive pediatric office of Dr. Jay Gordon and Linda Nussbaum in Santa Monica, she accepted it and has been there for 18 years. Somewhere after birthing and nursing another wonderful son, Jennifer discovered a new passion and began helping other mothers with breastfeeding problems.
She completed the extensive training to become a lactation consultant and for the last eight years has been the breastfeeding specialist in the pediatric office. Jennifer has the wonderful opportunity of following women from their pregnancy throughout their breastfeeding journey.
She is able to intimately know the women and their stories. Most important, Jennifer learns with the women how best to draw out their own knowledge in creating a successful breastfeeding experience. Repeatedly she has found that helping a woman trust her own instincts builds the most confidence and leads to the most success.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to express your highest potential of your authentic and natural beauty from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Problem with “steady state” cardio
- Long endurance risky
- High intensity cardio
- Orange zone
- How to Get Lean and Muscular on a Beauty Detox Diet!
- 3 Workout Tips + My 8 Favorite Workout Foods!
- How to Be a Breast Milk Queen: Foods & Tips
- Can I Go on Beauty Detox While Breastfeeding?
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Jennifer Davis’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Breastfeeding Insights With Dr. Jay Gordon & BD Foods For Nursing [BIO Podcast: Ep 55]
- Female Anatomy & Fitness with Brianne Grogan and Pregnancy Nutrition [BIO Podcast: Ep 43]
- Charles Chen On Changing The World With Food & Healthy Ways to Slim Down [BIO Podcast: Ep 63]
- The Power of Dreams With Kelly Sullivan Walden PT. 2 & The Coolest Way to Burn Fat [BIO Podcast: Ep 87]
With love and gratitude,
I love how Jen emphasised on every mother is different and every mother has its own tale.
Im with you kimberly, i feed my baby on demand and im lucky that my baby slept through the night. Im the one worried she didnt wake up, lol. Whatever choices every mom decides, its confidence, trust and love. Love this segment! Would love to know more about breastfeeding beyond 1 year old where baby starts solid and is it okay introducing other drinks besides breastmilk and how much so it wont disrupt the growth.