All too often we can find ourselves feeling insecure, feeling like we are not good enough. We can get lost in thinking that we need to fix something about ourselves to be our best true self, but we aren’t sure how to do it.
So many of us are our own worst critics when it comes to our perception around…
- What our diet looks like…
- What our bodies look like…
- What we have or have not accomplished in our lives…
The reflections of how you feel about yourself exist all around you.
- What you decide to surround yourself with can determine how you will perceive life…
- You can take control of your environment and the story you are telling yourself…
It’s important to find the source of the problem… uncover the true message as to why you don’t feel good enough.
- Do you not feel good enough at a particular skill or activity?
- Do you not feel good enough for a certain person or relationship your in?
- Do you not feel good enough in your work or at a role you aspire for?
- Or do you not feel good overall, in your health, in your diet, in your own self?
Once you can identify what feelings you are harboring that are making you not feel good enough… you can congratulate yourself…. Because you’ve taken your first step on the path to owning your true self..
FURTHER STEPS TO TAKE TO OVERCOME NOT FEELING GOOD ENOUGH
Change Your Inner Mind Chatter: Changing your inner mind chatter to be less about what others think or say and more about finding peace with yourself will help you on your path. You can do this by…
- Using Affirmations
- Calling Yourself By Your Own Name
Multiple researchers from all over the world have found that by calling ourselves by our own names, can help us like ourselves and our bodies more, and even make us more successful — allowing us to chase our dreams !
Listening To Your Inner Critic + Move Forwarding + and Silencing It
“Scientists speculate an average of about sixty thousand thoughts cross your mind a day, most of which you habitually repeat to yourself.” Changing your thoughts can change the way you see yourself and the way you operate in the world.
Move forward and silence your inner critic by pushing back with positive thoughts.
Expose Yourself to the Activity or Skill You Fear If your feeling insecure due to a particular skill, or activity the best thing you can do is expose yourself to. Don’t worry if you don’t know what you are doing. Practice it. Repeatedly!
- When you fear you won’t perform ‘well enough’ or ‘perfectly’ do it anyway
- PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION
Be Kind to Yourself, Nurture Self Love and Live in Grace
Love yourself for who you are and you will be on your way to owning your true self, radiate light and love into the world.
Changing your thoughts, your old beliefs and the stories you tell yourself can be hard to do. But once you break through and overcome the feeling of not being good enough, you can own your true self and radiate light!
A number of philosophical and psychological theories suggest the true self is an important contributor to well-being .
STEPS TO TAKE TO OWN YOUR TRUE SELVES and RADIATE LIGHT
In order to become wholeheartedly yourself, try to discover your own personal truth. Ask yourself these questions to help you get started on the process of knowing your true self and discovering what your goals and values are:
- What do I love unconditionally?
- What is my number-one accomplishment in life?
- What do I enjoy doing when no one is watching?
- If there was no such thing as fear and failure, what would my life look like?
Take time to focus on you, to work towards improving yourself and, ultimately, achieving success within both your personal, spiritual and professional life.
- To know your true self and what you want in life you must connect to yourself.
- Visualize yourself for who you really are.
Studies have shown that visualizing yourself for “who you really are” can lead to less downward social comparison, distancing from a negative other, self-handicapping, and conformity .
- Let your spiritual beauty shine through.
- Looks for hints from your higher self about which way to turn. Learn to trust your instincts.
- Look upon outward situations as a reflection of your inner situation.
- Take responsibility for what you say, think or do, without projecting blame or depending on someone else to take care of things for you.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast and follow me on Soundcloud, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
FAN OF THE WEEK
- How to Like Yourself More, And How This Improves Your Health
- Hitting Detox Walls and Overcoming Them
- How to Make Positive Thinking Even More Powerful!
- Tap Into The True Power Of Affirmations (Video Tip)
- My Top Tip On Being Successful With Affirmations [Video]
- 5 Tools of Affirmation to Change Your Life
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Combating Stress With Dr. Emily Kiberd & Heavy Metal Detoxification! [BIO Podcast: Ep 169]
- On Air With Ella & Tips To Boost Your Mood! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 25]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Happier With Gretchen Rubin & The Shame Game [BIO Podcast: Ep 77]
Sending you love,
 Thine Own Self: True Self-Concept Accessibility and Meaning in Life
 Thine Own Self: True Self-Concept Accessibility and Meaning in Life