This yummy dip has been a crowd-pleaser at many events and parties I’ve hosted. Football fans- try making it to snack on while watching the games today and/or tomorrow. Or make a batch to last the work week ahead- it holds up for about 5 days.
Because it has a zucchini base instead of a chickpea base, it is lighter and easier to digest. Unsprouted chickpeas can make us gassy and bloated since they inherently contain a mix of protein and starch. I’ve even been known to use this dip as a salad dressing, and one particular recipe comes to mind, my tabouli salad recipe, simply delicious!
- 2 organic zucchinis, chopped
- ¾ cup tahini (raw if you can find it)
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium or 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- High quality sea salt, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in the blender together until smooth.
- Dip celery, carrots red peppers, and cucumbers for a great snack or appetizer- or toss some into salad as a a dressing!