Hope you are doing well and having a great week so far.
I’ve been getting back into the swing of things with being back home in Los Angeles (in this hot late summer!), spending more time at Glow Bio (you can see a fun Instagram pic here) and meeting lots of different people about some exciting projects we have coming up soon. So stay tuned! It’s been a very busy yet very fun time, and I feel like I’m finally settling back in after that epic journey I took for so much of this year.
We have a very fun and easy recipe for you this week, but I first want to review and give thanks to everyone who submitted their post from last week. You can see the original post here — it was all about capturing the joy of movement and being active with a simple series of pictures.
Of course, many of you went above and beyond the “short and simple” requirement — and did an amazing job of including so many lovely, inspiring pics that Katelyn and I were just amazed by when reading your posts!
Just reading your posts made me want to get out there and move my own body, and that’s exactly the point! By sharing our experience, we inspire others to feel that contagious energy and passion.
As I always say, there were MANY amazing ones, but here’s the four that we really wanted to feature for the whole community to see:
a. Paloma Uribe – http://myquest4life.com/?p=502. Paloma shows off her movements rollerblading and doing yoga on a beautiful summer day. You go girl!
b. Lucy Eleni – http://www.sogoodvegan.com. Lucy took some great photos on the water with her new paddleboards. Looks super fun!
c. Mary Rosales – http://marysmeatlessmeals.com. Mary loves to hike and took some beautiful photos while out on a hike this weekend. Hiking is one of my favorite ways to exercise, so I really connected with this one, too.
d. Timmie Wanechko – http://www.sassywellness.ca. Timmie has great energy in her photos, doing a selection of yoga poses. Beautiful!
Overall, I loved this assignment and hope you did, too. I look forward to doing more like this and personally felt so inspired seeing all your posts and beautiful pictures. It really gets to the heart of why we’re doing this Beauty Detox Blogger Program in that there’s no better way to share this lifestyle and message than through our passion and our actions, including the words, pictures and energy we share. That’s what will draw others into our community and motivate them to make positive changes.
So again, great job girls! This is only the beginning of this powerful process we’re all going through together.
Now, let’s move forward with the recipe for this week… it’s one that I think you’ll love because it’s packed with beauty nutrients, yet can be made in very little time.
We’ve all been in situations where we’ve had a long day and get home exhausted, not sure what to eat. At times like, it can become very tempting to sacrifice convenience over health, perhaps snacking on something unhealthy or ordering takeout that isn’t the best thing for us.
It’s at times like these that this salad can come to the rescue!
You can honestly make it in 5-10 minutes, and it’s so filling, nourishing and delicious, once you’re done you won’t crave anything else! This was the case for me Tuesday night. It had been a long day of meetings, and I came home to scour the fridge and see what was there. The mushrooms add a nice heartiness, and the avocado a bit of fattiness, and you can pair this salad with other things. I also baked a Kombucha squash (as you know, one of my faves!) and add some of that on top of this salad.
By the way, this would also make a great lunch, if you are home to whip this up!
If you’re in a real rush, you can just chop the kale, as I did the other night. Or you can break it down, tearing off the stems and tearing into little pieces with your hands. Throw into a mixing bowl, with the micro greens or sprouts, and massage in the avocado, lemon and sea salt. Set to the side to “marinate” while you quickly make the mushrooms.
Slice the mushrooms, then heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a green pan if you have one, or another pan. Add the mushrooms, raw apple cider vinegar and tamari, and stir in. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can leave it for a little bit to grab plates . Add the coconut nectar and the cayenne pepper, and stir again. Set the table! Okay, come back, one last stir, and toss the mushrooms directly into the salad bowl. Mix everything together. Plate into two servings, and you are done!
Those of you who are experienced with this program probably already know all this; but if you’re new, I like to summarize the steps at the end so that it’s crystal clear how to complete the assignment and share it with us.
1) The point of this recipe is to make it your own — no need to follow mine exactly. It’s a way for you to expand your creativity in the kitchen, with the original recipe serving as inspiration. So I encourage you to take look at the ingredients you have at home and think about how you can do it your own way. Including the cooked mushrooms in some way is the common link here.
2) To create your post, write down your ingredients, instructions and insert your pictures. It doesn’t have to be pretty or polished, especially if you’re new to blogging, it’s just about sharing. And if you need some examples or inspiration, you can check any of the previous recipes we’ve done and look at links from other girls who’ve done great work.
3) Once your blog post is live, be sure you share it — while also linking back to this post as the original recipe source. That is a good practice to get in the habit of, it holds the integrity of the process, just as any writer or pro blogger would do.
4) Next, also post your blog link into the Private Facebook group and on our main Facebook page, which will allow everyone in the community to see it. You can also share on Twitter and Instagram — and be sure to hashtag #beautydetoxrecipe so we can find you and others can, too!
5) Lastly, email the link to Katelyn at beautydetoxgirl (@) gmail dot com with a direct link to your post.
Again, it really helps us when you use the hashtag #beutydetoxrecipe as we do NOT want to miss your post, each day we search that hashtag to see what you are posting!
So that’s it for this week. Thanks for the amazing picture posts last week and I can’t wait to see what delicious foods you prepare this week.
With so much love,