Need a yummy crowd-pleasing dip to take to an upcoming event? This is the dip for you! Because it has a zucchini base instead of a chickpea base, it’s lighter and easier to digest (especially if you are easily prone to gassiness and bloating!).
Zucchini and it’s Benefits…
Did you know that zucchini is a fruit? That may be a surprise to many of us since zucchini is most often cooked in most dishes. The younger zucchini have a more subtle taste than the more fully developed (which are usually more than 8 inches long). With a soft covering and buttery white flesh, almost all the parts of zucchini are edible- including the flesh, seeds and the skin.
What’s so amazing about this fruit is that it is extremely high in water and fiber, but low in calories (even though you know how I feel about counting calories), so gives you the feeling of being full. It’s a great way to satisfy your appetite without reaching for other foods that could throw you off in your health and eating for beauty eating routines.
Now let’s get blending! ;)
Check out the full recipe below…
- 1 organic zucchini
- ½ cup tahini (preferably raw if you can source it)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- Raw cut up spring veggies, for dipping
- Blend together the zucchini, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and sea salt until smooth.
- Place into a secure container and pack for your picnic, along with some freshly cut veggies for dipping.