Is the heat making you feel sluggish? With summer in full swing it’s so important to stay hydrated and one way is by keeping my Electric Lemonade handy. Loaded with vitamin C, enzymes and plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids— you’ll be too busy sipping on this yumminess to bother with rambling off all these beautifying benefits- but you can feel good knowing that you’re taking it all in!
Lemons are one of the best Beauty Detox cleansers and a powerful fruit that packs a kick. What’s great about these bright gems is they’re filled with flavor while boosting the function of your liver and tissue regeneration. And with your liver being your main detoxifying organ, lemons will only contribute to the cleansing process, a critical thing for beauty.
Many of us spend hours outdoors, which means the heat sweats out even more water from our bodies. It’s vital then, that we continue to nourish our bodies.
Besides drinking our hot water with lemon first thing in the morning and room temperature water throughout the day, try adding this hydrating drink to your afternoons to maximize the cleansing process— refreshing yourself throughout, recharging your energy and helping yourself de-stress.
You’re sure to love the mingled flavors of lemon— mixed with the anti-aging and detoxifying properties from the turmeric and the aromatic scent and savory taste from the basil (an excellent source of vitamin K, manganese, and omega-3 fatty acids, just to name a few ;) ).
If you want to keep your skin looking radiant and your energy levels up, staying hydrated is key! And this electric lemonade with do that, plus so much more.
Let’s Get Our Pucker On…
- 6 cups filtered water
- 4 lemons, deseeded and peel cut off (can include the white pith, which has vitamin C)
- Coconut nectar, stevia, or erythritol (to your level of sweetness. I like to start with around ¼ cup of coconut nectar and blend that with about 1 tsp. of stevia)
- ½ tsp. powdered turmeric
- Pinch of maca
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Blend all ingredients except basil on high for 45 seconds.
- Strain mixture to remove any pulp.
- Add to a BPA or glass container, stir in the basil, and set in the fridge to chill.
- Serve with ice and additional water if you prefer it more diluted. *Can be made up to 1 day ahead.