Well the change of seasons is once again upon us. When the weather and all of nature is shifting, it is natural that we may want to make personal shifts as well.
Many of you have been making shifts in your diet, which is wonderful! :) Keep it up. I am a big fan of creating a supportive outer environment to support inner change, and the dietary changes you are making. Feng shui, the energy of space, is a very real force that can elevate us and help propel us into achieving all our goals, which include our dietary goals.
When you shift your diet, you should update your kitchen! Here are some easy ideas which will make you feel great, and reinforce that you are committed to really improving your health and nutrition, achieving your weight goals and increasing your beauty:
– Throw out those dusty and irradiated old spices from the spice rack or drawer that you haven’t used in years. You know what I’m talking about! Buy new organic ones that you really use.
– Go through your whole pantry and get rid of canned and packaged food (like boxed mac and cheese. Nasty!!) that doesn’t fit into your diet plan now. Old energy!
– Throw out any old, chipped cups or plates. Bad feng shui. You deserve to eat out of good quality silverware, and you will feel better eating off them.
– Wash out your refrigerator so you feel good about putting your fresh produce in there. How to eat healthy on a budget starts is answered simply with a clean fridge and diligent preparation.
– Throw out your microwave! This is a huge one for your and your family’s health. What were you going to use if for anyways? It zaps all the life force out of your food and destroys any essential vitamins and nutrition that existed in the first place. And there’s other ways to heat up water. :)
Clearing out old stuff will make space for new, positive energy to flow in.
OKAY SO NOW WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS COOL ARTWORK AND SPACE??
All of Sebastian the artist’s work is done in layers, and sometimes the layers float in resin. Really unique and beautiful!
He voluntarily funded and put up this mural for the community to enjoy, and the inside of the building is the site of his upcoming show with his other pieces. Isn’t it amazing how art work can change a whole space? Art for art’s sake, that really makes you feel something in your soul. :)
Hello there! It’s me!! Here I am being a big nerd trying to blend into the mural. :) Don’t I blend in pretty good??? :)
Part of the inspiration for Sebastian’s forest-based mural was this incredible garden right next door. My friends and I ran freely in and out of the garden all day while we watched Sebastian work!
Can you believe this is in NYC and the EAST VILLAGE??
Well it is partly because of this amazing woman, Connie, who we met that day. She has been caring for the garden since 1973. She said it used to be just an abandoned concrete lot. There was an art installation across the street that used a ton of soil, and afterwards she asked if she could take the soil, and threw it down on the lot…Now look at it! Thanks to Connie’s work, and the work of the neighbors, this sure looks different from an old concrete lot, doesn’t it??
Last time- See how this Garden of Earthly Delights changed the whole space of this building, and this block.
Here is the artist with the mural! Going through that Alice in Wonderland like door is so tempting, right?? For more info on Sebastian’s gallery show click HERE. If you are in NY, you should come by, it is open from Sept. 18-Oct. 8th, M-Sat., 12-6.
Have a great day!! Take the time out of your schedule to make some transformations in your own space, for yourself and your own goals, and the benefits will come back to you a hundredfold. :) It is the beginning of putting your intentions into the physical world—and the results will follow.