It’s the last month for official tomato season, so get ’em while their hot! Or fresh, as it may be in this case. Fresh, locally sourced tomatoes are just so juicy and delicious.
I find this recipe to really meditative, since it is basically all chopping. You can chop while listening to relaxing tunes when you come home from work. It is a great way to get in not only tomato, with all its lycopene and other essential vitamins and minerals, but also high silicon-containing cucumber, which is great for building healthy skin, hair, and nails from the inside out.
You can top this salad over a green salad (a layered salad!), eat on it’s own with an avocado on top, or use as a dip for gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!
- - 1 large organic cucumber, diced. (Don't peel organic cucumbers as there is lots of minerals in skin)
- - 3 large tomatoes, diced
- - 1 large zucchini, diced
- - 1 cup chopped white onion
- - 1 ½ cups chopped parsley
- - 3 Tbs. chopped mint
- - 2 Tbs. olive oil
- - 4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- - 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- - 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini and onion and throw into a large bowl. Chop the parsley and mint and add to the bowl, and mix well. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and Celtic sea salt, and adjust to taste. Enjoy!