Homemade pies can be a lot of fun to make, and you can put your love right into it.
“Regular” pies are of course contain lots of white sugar, butter, gluten, dairy products, etc. But now especially that the seasons are shifting, the natural energy of this season is go inwards, and a little treat here and there may feel really nourishing to you. Good desserts go a long way to heal our body, mind, and soul.
I really love nutmeg and so I really love this pie. While this pie does have some fat (from the nuts) and sugars, it doesn’t contain the aforementioned beauty-busting ingredients. It’s raw too, except for the maple syrup if you use it. Nuts are heavy though so remember a little bit of this pie goes a long way!
Now you can make your pie with love and eat it too.
Raw Pecan Love Pie Recipe
- – 2 cups walnuts
- – 3 cups of pitted dates
- – 1 cup coconut flakes, finely ground
- – 2/3 cup filtered water
- – 1 cup raw pecans, soaked about 15 minutes
- – 1 cup organic Thompson raisins
- – 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- – 1 tsp. nutmeg
- – 1/3 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- – 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Pit the dates yourself, extracting each pit and discarding. Add the dates, coconut flakes and walnuts to the food processor and mix on high until thoroughly mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie tray. Set to the side.
- Blend all filling ingredients together in the blender until smooth. Pour onto the crust of the tray, and garnish with fresh, raw pecans.
- Set in freezer overnight, or for at least 5 hours before serving. Remove from freezer for about 10 minutes or so (depending on your freezer) to let it thaw a bit. Slice up and enjoy!