In this episode, Tony and I discuss a topic that can make or break your efforts to be healthy for the whole day — the importance of a morning routine. Listen for ways to implement changes that are most important in improving your overall health, beauty, and energy. We will also share how long-term changes are most beneficial and how you can make these changes.
Next, we have my very special guest Kristin Meekhof, who is an advocate, author and social worker. Kristin shares her background, from being left on the street in South Korea as an infant, adopted a few years later and brought to the US, to the loss of her father and husband and how this lead her to the study of psychology and social work. Kristin also shares about writing her book A Widow’s Guide To Healing. Listen in as Kristin shares how she embarked from a life of despair to a fulfilled life in assisting others and spreading hope.
- Tony and I discuss if there really are different levels of willpower…
- How what you contemplate can have a negative impact on your willpower…
- We talk about the the biggest benefits of a routine…
- Tony talks about automatic behaviors, disciplines, and things that are important for you to move towards your goals…
- We share how to set up your morning for success…
- What the ideal morning routine looks like in the Beauty Detox lifestyle…
- Kristin talks about her personal inspiring story of triumph and hope after all her challenges…
- Kristin talks about what to expect and how to deal with the challenges of losing a loved one…
- What the acronym for I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-E stands for and how we can benefit from applying these steps in our lives…
About Kristin Meekhof
Kristin A. Meekhof graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Kalamazoo College with a major in psychology. She completed the clinical Master in Social Work program at the University of Michigan, and is a licensed social worker. In 2007, when Kristin Meekhof was 33, her husband (a teacher and veteran) of four years was diagnosed with advanced adrenal cancer. Approximately eight weeks later, he died.
Ms. Meekhof was born in S. Korea, and left on the street. She was found by a passerby, and four months later adopted by her parents. About two weeks shy of her fifth birthday, Ms. Meekhof’s father, James Vande Vusse died of cancer. He had battled cancer. Kristin is a social worker, focusing on child’s rights and is the author of A Widow’s Guide to Healing. When Ms. Meekhof is not writing she enjoys traveling, training for half- marathons, and eating chocolate chip cookies.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: mysolluna.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Have you ever wanted to create a healthy morning ritual? Good news, because Kimberly and Tony discuss routines, rituals and a variety of strategies for building a morning ritual of your own.
- Great breakdown on why rituals work
- Deep analysis on will power and decision fatigue
- How routines speed decision-making
- Ideal Morning & Evening Routine
- Beauty Is a Lifestyle, Not a Mask—Plan Your Natural Beauty Routine
- An Open Letter To All Graduates: Create Something That Makes The World More Luminous, Curious & Golden
- 10 Ways to Combat Depression and Anxiety Through Your Diet
- The Top 5 Reasons to Fuel Your Brain with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Kristin Meekhof Interview
- Kristin’s Website
- Kristin Blog
- Kristin Book
- I.L.L.U.M.I.N.A.T.E A Ten- Step Plan For Creating Abundance In Your Life
Wishing you all the very best.
In love and health,