My Mango Mint Wrap is a wonderful way to get energy-boosting nutrients in your body in a delicious wrap! It includes one of my favorite fruits ever, mangos! This fruit is something I’ve been devouring all along my health journey. It has a natural bright yellow/orange color, making it ripe with antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin A.
Did you know that there are six varieties of mangos available during different times of the year? We are so lucky because this allows us to enjoy them year-round! This sunny fruit is actually the most popular fruit in the world. In the U.S. many people think of it as an exotic summer fruit, but it would be a shame to only enjoy mangos then (!). We can enjoy all the time in a variety of ways…All.Year.Long!
Health Benefits of Mangos
Mangos have a delicious flavor and contain an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Just one cup of mangos provides you with 100% of your daily vitamin C needs, which is required for collagen formation, keeps gums and teeth healthy and plays an important role in immune function. It also gives you 35% of your daily vitamin A, also important for immune function, as well as helping to maintain healthy skin.
Speaking of which, I’m so excited to share with you my newest recipe creation, my Mango Mint Wraps. These wraps are actually made up of mangos! They are fun to make (not to mention family friendly), and maybe a way you’ve never thought to use mangos. All you need is a dehydrator or an oven to make them and you’re going to find yourself with an amazing snack or meal you can pick up in a wrap form!
Mangos are very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium, and are a good source of dietary fiber. Mangos also contain minerals, like magnesium, potassium and copper.
How to Pick Your Mangos
When picking your mangos to use for this recipe be sure to find ones that are ripe. When choosing a ripe mango, don’t focus on color. They are all beautiful in their own ways anyway, like we are ☺. The best way to tell if your mango is ripe is to give it a gentle squeeze. A ripe mango will give slightly. To help your mango ripen up at home, store it at room temperature. You can even speed up the process by placing it in a brown paper bag at room temperature for two days!
Alright Beauties, you’ve learned enough about my favorite super fun superfruit for one day. Now it is time to get creative in the kitchen and make yourself my Mango Mint Wraps! I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 2 large ripe mangos, or 3 small Honey mangos
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cups young coconut meat, chopped finely
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint
- 1 cup of fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 large cucumber, finely chopped
- On medium, blend together your mangos, coconut meat, and ginger, until everything is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in fresh mint.
- Evenly spread mango mint mixture onto a nonstick 15 x 15 inch pan, as if you were spreading out dough.
- Place in dehydrator. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for approximately 8 hours until your mango wrap is dried but still flexible.
- If you don’t have a dehydrator, place into your oven at 200 degrees, leaving the oven door open. Cook for approximately 6 hours until mango wrap is dry but still flexible.
- While mango wrap is dehydrating, assemble your wrap ingredients.
- Cut the mango mint liner down the middle to make two wraps.
- Peel off each of the mango mint liners to assemble your wraps.
- Place ½ of your sprouts, avocado, carrots, and cucumber on each wrap.
- Roll it up and enjoy!
Big love. xx