When I shot a Stylefile segment for Good Day LA., they wanted a smoothie of sorts, so I created this recipe right before shooting. Sylefile segments are not live, so there were plenty of cutaway shots, holding the ingredients in my hands a few times, pouring and re-pouring ingredients, etc.
It is great to have this time of year, since all our skin is a bit dried out from the harsh winter climate. Even here in LA, that does not get snow, the climate is really dry right now.
Acai can be purchased frozen in health stores. My fav is the Sambazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Packets!
See the recipe below!
- ½ frozen Acai smoothie packet: I like the Sambazon brand. Found frozen in the freezer section of health stores like Wholefoods. Loaded with antioxidants and Omega fatty acids that plump and nourish the skin, as well as fiber.
- 1 ½ cups of coconut water: Our skin can’t be plumped up if it is not hydrated! Coconut water is one of the best hydrators because it has the same electrolyte balance as human blood. Some countries even use it for plasma transfusions. It is also full of potassium, which facilitates cellular cleansing.
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk: Adds a nice creamy texture to the smoothie.
- ½ avocado: Raw beauty fat that digests easily, and is full of beauty minerals and fiber.
- 1 tsp. coconut oil/butter: Medium chain fatty acids that are easily metabolized by the liver and also nourish our skin. Contains a high content of Lauric Acid, which can help us burn stored body fat.
- Blend and enjoy!