This is a super-filling smoothie that is great after a workout to help replenish amino acids, or as an afternoon snack.
I think chia seeds are one of the best foods out there, and I eat them almost daily. They have replaced ground flaxseeds as my daily seed.
Chia seeds supply protein, fiber, Omega 3 fats, minerals and long-burning fuel.
I don’t recommend soy or whey, (dairy), protein powders, but I love brown rice and raw hemp protein powders.
This smoothie supplies 18+ grams, (may be more, depending on what protein powder you use), of easily assimilated plant protein into your body.
If you don’t have access to acai packets, which would be in the refrigerated section of your health store, just omit it, and add a bit more vanilla and cinnamon, for a vanilla-flavored drink. Blend and enjoy!
Power Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or water or a 50/50 combination
- 1/4 cup hemp or brown rice protein powder
- 1-2 Tbs. chia seeds These are the Chia Seeds I recommend
- 1/2 frozen acai smoothie packet
- Liquid stevia to sweeten
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Add the almond milk and/or water to the blender first, then the other ingredients. Blend until smooth.