I’ll admit it upfront- spirulina powder may be an acquired taste for some. Some like it right off the bat, but some have to try it out for a while before they get to really love it. Remember that over our taste buds may change! It is certainly worth trying, for the fantastic benefits of ingesting chlorophyll-rich spirulina. Spirulina is about 60% protein by weight, and is rich in B vitamins, omega fatty acids, and enzymes.
You never know- you might fall in love at first bite!
Spirulina Spinach Salad
- - 2 large bowls of baby spinach leaves
- - 1 large tomato diced
- - 1-2 ripe avocados
- - 2 handfuls of sunflower or clover sprouts
- - ½ tsp. of spirulina powder to start
- - Splash of olive oil
- - High quality sea salt to taste
- Be sure to wash and dry the spinach very thoroughly. We do not want any soggy spinach for this salad! Add to a bowl and toss in the tomato, avocado and sprouts.
- Start with ½ tsp. of spirulina powder, a splash of olive oil, and a bit of salt. If you like what you taste and want to go a bit further, feel free to add more spirulina!