Cabbage can help get rid of crow’s feet, which are a sign that you may have high cortisol levels. High cortisol can cause the skin to break down faster and wrinkles to appear. The adrenal gland is responsible for making cortisol. By incorporating anti-inflammatory and vitamin A-, C- and E-rich food like cabbage into your diet, you can help to lower cortisol levels, diminish crow’s feet, and prevent lines from forming in the first place. Try to choose purple cabbage because it has 6 to 8 times more vitamin C than green. This Raw Purple Cabbage Slaw is the perfect way to introduce more cabbage to your diet. It has a light, beautifying dressing, and is made with fresh, raw with purple cabbage that’s practically bursting with skin beautifying vitamin C and other nutrients, stays crispy, and is appetizing and delicious. I usually eat most of it right after – and sometimes during! — making it, though I do encourage you to let it marinate for a few hours before eating . . . if you can wait!
Raw Purple Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Organic if possible
- 3 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 1½ Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped pitted black olives or capers
- Shred the cabbage, using the shredding attachment to your food professor or a mandoline, or finely by hand, and place into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the other ingredients, adding the tahini last. Pour over the cabbage and mix well. Add the optional ingredients, if desired, and mix well again.
- Allow to chill covered in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.