In today’s podcast, Kim and Tony talk about how to nourish and foster joy. It’s important to distinguish between joy, which comes from within, and pleasure, which comes from the outside.
CLICK HERE to Listen to the podcast now.
You can practice joy through daily service. You don’t have to depend on hours of formal or organized volunteer opportunities. These acts can be simply, small daily things. Approach the smallest actions as being a service and it brings more joy to your life.
Find Joy Through Service
Finding joy through service is easier than you think. You don’t have to dedicate hours of your life to a specific cause if you don’t have them. The simplest acts of kindness are all it takes to feel more joy and spread more peace and love.
Giving Love and Peace
- Giving, any time to anyone. This can be as simple as the gift of full attention in a world of distraction. Real presence is a gift. You may have to schedule it so the timing works out, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
- Give or spread love as you’re walking down the street by smiling or saying hello as you pass people. Do these things without expectation or caring if they smile or say hello back. When you put more joy and love into the world, more love and joy come back to you.
Spreading peace and love to everyone you encounter, no matter how brief the encounter, is so simple, yet so powerful. The more you do it, the more you realize you’re giving these gifts from an infinite, abundant place—and that you are a gift.
Sharing Knowledge About Health and How to Feel Better
- Start with food and teach people to take care of themselves. Share some Glowing Green Smoothie or other healthy foods (no preaching).
- A lot of people believe healthy foods won’t taste good or it’s hard to make. Make something that’s really good, then share it. The person will realize it’s actually good and feel inspired to start taking care of themselves.
- Share yoga or meditation—show people simple poses or techniques that make you feel good.
- Bless your food before you eat. Take a minute to pause and be grateful before you put any food into your body. This doesn’t have to have anything to do with your spiritual beliefs, so you can do it with anyone.
Working Through Charities and Organizations
This is more formal, but it doesn’t have to be a big thing. You can:
- Spread ideas
- Forward information
- Volunteer time
- Volunteer skills
- Donate money
- Talk about their cause on social media
Garden for Health International
You can get so much joy out of helping, you almost feel like you’re getting more out of it than the people you’re helping them.
Life can be so beautiful if you put value in these simple things. Realize yourself, realize the joy is there.
Every day, feel joy flow out of you and it will help you change your environment.
Giving is such a high energetic state and so positive and powerful. When it’s coming from you all the time, it can shift the people around you—even the negative ones—and make them more positive and joyous. In turn, your life becomes more positive and uplifted when you influence others this way.
- Shift the perspective of your job to be one of service to the higher good and helping others. You can create that for any job and it puts you in a place of gratitude, and you won’t feel resentment toward what you’re doing anymore.
- Shift your perspective for every part of every day to be one of service, love, and giving, and you will tap into the infinite supply of power. Life starts to flow and you no longer feel exhausted.
Coming from a place of love and giving changes how you approach life and how it approaches you. Becoming a heart warrior means developing strength, living from your heart and a place of authenticity. You become stronger, more creative, and more able to manifest.
Giving energy to others increases light and love in your own life. It’s simple, easy, and you can do it even more than you currently are once you’ve become more aware of it.
Hi- I have a question regarding your third podcast which I just finished listening to it’s about probiotics.
I would like to know whether I should/can take probiotics in conjunction with a digestive enzymes formula which I already am taking now? Do they work well together? Or do we have to pick one or the other? I would not like to overdo it. Thanks and keep up the great work Kimberly. I am inspired by your outlook towards life and have adapted parts of your advice to my everyday diet including no longer buying cheese which I love! 🙂
That’s just fantastic, so happy to hear!
The probiotics are of primary importance because they help with digestion all around. But you can also take digestive enzymes before eating cooked food, as I do. It helps break down the food better. You won’t be overdoing it to take two- but if budget is an issue, again, I consider the probiotics the most important.
And yay for dairy-free. Keep it up love! Xx Kimberly
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. So just to be clear- you take the probiotic and digestive enzyme BEFORE each meal that is cooked and when you eat an uncooked meal just take the probiotic BEFORE the meal? How many times a day do you take your probiotics? And I also take Mag 07, at your recommendation, before bed one a day, what dosage do you recommend?
On a separate note, you always give us such amazing recipes but sometimes (and I have noticed others commenting about this on your blog) certain food items are difficult to find even at markets that have tons of organic products. When you know a fruit or ingredient is difficult to find for most of us please provide a link where we can purchase when possible. That would be of tremendous help. It does us no good to have the will power to follow your wonderful advice if we cannot find the products with which to make your wonderful recipes! For example, for your GGSo, I cannot find the nutritional yeast in the form it appears to be in your you tube video and could not find stevia as a sugar sweetener anywhere in stores where I went. Thanks and you have been such a blessing for my new lifestyle and I am slowly helping friends and family make the transition and have turned them on your books and videos!
I am just infinitely blessed to hear the great news you and your colleague are sharing. Especially because so many people in this generation are living so quickly!!! Running from here to there, needing this and that, some living from paycheck to paycheck. It’s good to just take some time back and appreciate the smallest things in life like the fruits and how abundant their taste is. The tree’s, the air, the animals, friends, family, etc. It’s amazing what happens when we just become greatful for even the simplest things in life. I also love that you mentioned a simple smile can impact somebody’s day, better yet life so greatly! I remember when I had so little and life became so difficult, that was actually when I learned to be the happiest. I just had this never ending joy inside of me that it was almost impossible for me to not smile to everybody! So glad I heard this, you are in amazing person with such a genuine soul! Keep it going!!!! Thank you again!!! God Bless