Hope you are well and enjoying your week! I’m writing to you from the volcano caldera of Santorini, Greece. Wah! I feel really inspired and awakened here. I will be sharing more soon. But first I want to share this week’s recipe with you, which I created right before I left.
Before we get into the recipe, however, I first need to thank and congratulate everyone who participated Beauty Detox Blogger Recipe Assignment last week, which was our Cauliflower & Mint Quinoa Salad. I love picnic food!
Each week, the participation grows and the recipes just keep getting better and better. I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to see these amazing creations flow in each week!
Here are the names of just a few of the standouts from this week’s assignment:
Great job girls! You did amazing! And let me say that it was very hard to pick just four recipes to showcase here, as there were so many good ones. Everyone who participated deserves a huge round of applause.
When we decided to create the Beauty Detox Blogger Program, I didn’t know what to expect because it was so new. But now, I can wholeheartedly say that I’m happy beyond belief that we decided to move in this direction. I feel like everyone is learning, sharing and most importantly – GROWING – in amazing new ways through the process of creating and blogging.
But if you ever get inspired to make one of our Beauty Detox recipes on here, please do post it on social and use the hashtag #beautydetoxrecipe so we can see your creation, and your personal touch that you put on it! I’d love to see the creativity and individuality come through.
Remember to use the guidelines which we posted last week in this nice little graphic:
Got it? Great! Now here is this week’s recipe!
This is a very easy recipe–you just throw everything in the blender! I’ve had something similar with mango, but I prefer to make this with dip with veggies instead of fruit because of the coconut oil. For your assignment, I want you to make your own unique veggie dip! You can try different veggies, and different spices and flavors, or use these as a base. Go to the farmer’s market or local market, and get inspired by some of your favorite veggies!
Here’s my version.
Mellow Yellow Squash Dip
Makes about 2/3 cup
1 1/2 cups yellow squash, sliced
½ Tbs. ginger, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove
2 Tbs. coconut oil
2 Tbs. water
½ tsp. salt (or to taste)
½ tsp. fresh chilis, chopped (the bigger ones are less spicy)
1 Tbs. lime juice
Blend everything together until smooth and enjoy with veggie sticks!
Super simple right? Well I can’t wait to see your variations!
Now, let’s wrap this up and take action. Here’s what to do now:
1) Prepare your own version of the recipe and take nice pictures of the process and final dish from multiple angles. Sometimes I like to take pics of the ingredients as I’m making it, so that others can see the process. And remember to have plenty of light in your kitchen!
2) Put your recipe up on your blog, share your experience, and then link back to this recipe post.
3) Put your recipe post into the Facebook group and/or on our main Facebook page, so that others in the community can see it!
4) Email the link to Katelyn, our community manager, at beautydetoxgirl (@) gmail dot com with a link to your post so she can keep track.
5) Share your post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram — and be sure to hashtag #beautydetoxrecipe so that others can find it.
All clear? Fantastic! I’d also love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have in the comments section below.