With winter coming very soon and the temperature dropping everywhere, I thought I would share with you a delicious new recipe that is perfect for this season:
I call it The KS Kale & Sweet Potato Kale Soup!
This soup will give you a variety of awesome benefits:
- The heat of the soup soothes warms and soothes your body
- Both sweet potato and kale are very grounding foods
- Coconut milk is creamy and satisfying, yet doesn’t weigh you down
- Overall, the soup is easy to digest and light, giving you an excellent source of energy!
Y’all know how much I love sweet potato and kale, so overall this is a perfect marriage of favors to create a fast and easy meal.
Make it for yourself, or share with the whole family (or some lucky friends!). It can be eaten immediately, or reheated anytime you need a healthy option. I am in love with soup right now myself, and find my body craving it and wanting it multiple times a week. It’s soup time!
Beauty Detox Kale & Sweet Potato Soup
Serves 2-4 (depending on how hungry you are!)
- 2-3 medium sweet potatos
- 4 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2.5 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, bake them for 45 minutes at 350-400 degrees, or until softened.
- Once the sweet potato is soft inside, remove the inner flesh from the skin. It should peel off pretty easily!
- Wash and coarsely chop the kale and onion.
- Add the cooked flesh of the sweet potato, the coconut milk, nutritional yeast to a food processor to a blender like the Vitamix or food processor, and puree on medium or high speed until smooth.
- In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil to medium heat, and begin to sauté the onions for a few minutes, until translucent. Add the pureed mixture from the blender or food processor, and heat up to below a boil. Lower heat. Add the kale leaves.
- Simmer on low for a few minutes. Season with cayenne pepper, and salt, to suit your taste. Yum!
Filled With Delicious, Satisfying Nutrition
Sweet Potatoes : Sweet potatoes are packed with beauty fiber, beta-carotene, potassium, vitamin C and iron! Sweet potatoes contain amazing antioxidants, which are compounds in plants that protect your cells from damage.
Kale: Kale is an incredible beauty-enriching superfood that is one of my personal favorites. It is packed with amino acids, phytonutrients, fiber and chloropyll, a major blood builder. The cleaner your blood, the more beautiful we are!
Nutritional Yeast: Nutritional yeast is one of the most nutrient foods out there. It is very rich in many basic nutrients such as a full spectrum of B vitamins, chromium (which can aid with weight loss), sixteen different amino acids, excellent for muscle-building and repair, over fourteen key minerals, seventeen vitamins (not including vitamins A, C and E!) and it’s a rich source of phosphorous.
Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper consumption dilates the blood vessels and speeds up your metabolism. It is also gently warming, making it excellent for recipes this time of the year. Cayenne pepper is also ideal for aiding the body in recovering from sicknesses like the flu!
Do You Love Recipes? Well, Get Ready for More!
This is a new recipe that I created especially for the blog, but I want to let you know that I have MANY more amazing recipes that are one part of the new Beauty Detox book that is coming soon! We are actually running a contest for it, which we kicked off Monday.
If you haven’t entered the contest yet, there’s still time! We won’t announce the winners so you have until today at 12 noon PST to submit your entry. (All you have to do is comment on Monday’s post, right here.)
We have three amazing prize packages we’re giving away, and you have as good a chance to win as anyone. But even if you’re not selected — don’t worry! Because the book is VERY affordable and comes with an extremely valuable bonus course, which I’ll tell you more about on Thursday.
So that’s it for now — enjoy this recipe, and be sure you enter the contest before 12 noon PST today, so that you have a chance to win!