In the summer we tend to always be on the go. Since it is often much warmer during the summer months, we can take advantage of being outdoors more often. I am a huge advocate for connecting to nature on a daily basis whenever possible.
I created this easy snack recipe for you so you never get stuck with those afternoon hunger pangs. This is the perfect snack to pack while hiking or spending the day at the beach.
This recipe calls for a Sambazon Acai Packet, which I love using as they are unsweetened and freeze dried to preserve all the Beauty nutrients of the Acai berry. You can use your dehydrator for this one, or if you do not have one: No problem! You can simply use your oven.
I will warn you: You do need some prep time to make these as they need 12-14 hours in your dehydrator or 3+ hours in the oven.
This would be a great thing to make Friday night so it is ready for your weekend activities.
This recipe will keep for at least a week so you can also make it the Sunday before and refrigerate it.
This crunchy blend can also be used as a topper for your almond milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt treat.
Enjoy! It’s super yummy and energizing, and yes, great for your skin!!
Are you excited now? Full Recipe Below. =)
- 1 packet unsweetened Sambazon acai packet
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs. coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Blend the Sambazon acai packet, vanilla extract, sea salt, almond milk and coconut nectar until smooth. Set to the side.
- Toss in a bowl the almonds and coconut flakes, and pour the mixture on top, mixing everything together very well.
- Dehydrate in a dehydrator at 105 degrees overnight, around 12-14 hours, or until the mixture has dried completely. If a dehydrator is not available, spread on greased baking sheets and bake at the lowest temperature with the door cracked open, about 3+ hours or more (depending on your oven).
- Store in a closed container in your refrigerator, for up to a week (if you don’t eat it all first!).