Yay For Summer! This is the perfect recipe to check out and make for yourself in the summer months. This is the warmest time of the year for most of us, so we tend to be more active while taking advantage of the nicer weather!
My Raw Chia Seed Beauty Bars are the perfect go-to snack when you are on the move!
This recipe is totally raw and does not require an oven. Yay! When it is already hot, turning on your oven can create way too much heat in your home. I created these beauty bars as an alternative for my clients that like to eat pre-packaged energy bars.
I love using chia seeds in my recipes and some indigenous tribes in central and southern Mexico and Guatemala have consumed chia seeds for their energizing properties for centuries.
Chia seeds are a fantastic Beauty Food with tons of skin-plumping omega fats, as well as fiber, antioxidants, minerals and protein.
Dates, another key ingredient in these bars, are high in calcium and vitamins and protect your beautiful bone structure.
This is an easy recipe that you can prepare for yourself or the whole family. You can feel good about eating these bars as they are made with whole foods from nature!
Raw Chia Seed Beauty Bars
- Parchment paper or Saran Wrap for lining the baking dish
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups raw pecans
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups pitted medium Medjool dates
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked in 1⁄4 cup filtered water for at least 1 hour
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or Saran Wrap, allowing the covering to hanging well over the edges of the baking dish.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the chia seeds in a food processor and process until mixed well. Add the chia seeds and process until well combined. The mixture will feel slightly wet.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the dish in the fridge and allow the mixture to set for at least 30 minutes. Once it has set, remove it from the refrigerator and cut into eighteen 3-inch x 11⁄2-inch bars with a sharp knife. Serve the bars at once, or cover the bars and store them in the fridge or the freezer for up to 1 month. Just take a little square when you want something sweet!
Beauty Pairing. Hi there, I am wondering here for the beauty pairing. Are dates considered a fruit? If so, I thought they should be eaten on their own and not mixed with a fat?
Can the ingredients be swaped for other things?? Like the pecans coconut flakes??
Hi Cheryl Darling Rodriguez and thanks for checking out this recipe. If you prefer a different raw nut, then certainly give it a try. Also, if you don’t care for coconut flakes, you can add something with a similar texture that is a healthy alternative- or just leave it out. Let me know what you choose and how you like it. Lots of love! 😉
Thanks Mariah…let me know if you give these a try and what you think. Lots of love! 😉