I created this easy and fun dish last week and I wanted to share it with you all here on the blog. Always remember that you can be creative in the kitchen without having an exact recipe all the time – and come out with something delicious if you have just a few great ingredients! Sometimes when you play around you find the perfect flavor combinations that work best for you! This is an easy 5 minute meal that is as beautifying as it is filling and nutritious.
This recipe calls for kelp noodles, which you can find at your local health food store or even on Amazon. You always want to rinse kelp noodles before using, but they are so versatile (they take on pretty any sauce you throw on) and don’t require any cooking at all! And not that we count calories- because we don’t!- but kelp noodles are only 6 calories per serving. They are rich in trace minerals that build healthy hair and beauty.
- 5-7 ounces mixed greens
- 1 handful sunflower sprouts
- 1 12 ounce bag kelp noodles (I like Sea Tangle brand), rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup water, or as needed
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons tamari (aka gluten-free soy sauce. Add a little more if you like a more salty flavor!)
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- For the sauce, add the sauce ingredients to a Vitamix or other blender and blend to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the salad ingredients in the bowl and toss all to combine. Enjoy!
I mentioned in the video I have another version of a kelp noodle dish in my second book The Beauty Detox Foods which is called Raw Asian Creamy Kelp Noodles and can be found on page 290!
Happy Eating. :)
In love and health,